Chapter 9 - Rejection? 🔸

Arron's POV

Today is a new day. The sun is out, the birds are singing. Well, the birds singing are my ringtone. What? Can't a guy have a bird ring tone? Answer: yes he can.

Me: Hello?
Luke: Why the hell did
you not tell me?!
Me: Tell you wha-
Luke: That you found your mate!
Me: I don't have to tell you everything
Luke: You do when it's important, like finding our Luna! And you told Ben! And not me!
Me: Well he was there! Like close there it's not that I trusted him more than you. And plus, I was actually going to reject her.
Luke: Just because it's Daphne?
Me: Yes?
Luke: No dude. You should try and get to know her better. You shouldn't just reject her just because!
Me: But she hates me! Even if I decided to give her a chance, which I won't, do you actually think she'd want to be with me?
Luke: You'll never know if you don't try.
Me: I don't think so man, I have the pack to think about now, I don't think she's a good choice to be Luna
Luke: She was chosen by the moon goddess to be Luna! But your the alpha, whatever you say. I have to go... Talk to you later.

He hung up and I let out a big sigh. I decide to get ready for school. I put on my clothes and put gel in my hair not even trying. Once I was done, I got my backpack and left my room.

"Arron! Come in here now!" I heard my dad yell from downstairs.

I walked into the living room and saw him standing there waiting for me with a mad expression.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"Why the freaking hell did you not tell me you found your mate?!"

"Well 1 I barely found out yesterday, and 2 I was not going to be with her."

"What do you mean you weren't going to be with her?"

"Well she hates me. We hate each other."

"Well I don't give two shits! She's your mate, you can't just reject her that easily."

"But I don't want to b-"

"That's final! Your alpha now and you need to have a Luna by your side. She just so happens to be chosen for you so you better stay with her. Especially since your mother and I are not going to be here." he lectured me.

By saying that they weren't going to be here meant they were going on the traditional 'vacation' where once one of the leaders stepped down, they would finally have time to themselves. It may not sound very important but it is to us. Believe it or not but being one of the leaders really does take its toll on you, puts extra years on you. So a vacation is like heaven afterwards.

I growled and left to go to school. Once I arrived, I looked for Kingston.
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱
Question of the chapter: Do you believe in soulmates?
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Daphne's POV

I got my math book from my locker and set out to look for my friends. I spotted Sydney first so I walked towards her.

"Hey gurl!" She said enthusiastically as I got to her.

"Hey," I answer back lamely.

She gives me a look. The 'I know something's wrong' look to be exact. I just shook my head and we chatted for a couple minutes until I felt a tap on my shoulder. As I felt the tap, I felt tingles shoot through me. I wanted to melt into that touch. Even if it was a tap that lasted a second. It made me feel warm at the touch but cold at the loss of it.

I turned around and was surprised to see Arron. He looked troubled.

"Um... I have to tell you something," he said, fumbling with his fingers.