Chapter 32 - One step closer yet two steps back

Hey guys! I'm excited for this chapter and I really hope you enjoy! Thank you guys so much for your support! Here's the chapter!
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Daphne's POV

"You know, for a chewed squishy marshmallow, you have really improved," Kyle said, raising his eyebrows.

"Hey! I am not a chewed squishy marshmallow! And you bet your vampy butt I improved. I mean I did make you fall on your butt. Again!" I said, crossing my arms.

Yeah, if you couldn't already tell, I am in training. Surprisingly, all this time that I've come to train here, I haven't once seen Zander here. Which is weird since the training room I'm in is in his house. I honestly haven't even known how he's been. I've been too busy with the whole Arron drama and the daily training, plus school on top.

Speaking of Arron, he hasn't even tried to contact me. It's been a day since our disastrous date happened. I don't know how to feel about him. I still can't believe he accused me of kissing someone. And a vampire at that! How could I have kissed someone and not know? It's him that I saw making out with someone else and not me. Ugh he's a stupid werewolf that I hate yet love at the same time. How is that possible?

"You knocked me down for a second but then who won ey?" Kyle retorted, copying my stance.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever. Have you seen Zander? I haven't heard from him in a while."

"Uh yeah, he's been busy um, training for something," Kyle responds, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well if he's training, why doesn't he come in here with us?" I ask him.

"He's not doing this kind of training," he said, avoiding my eyes.

"Well then what kind of training is he doing?" I ask generally curiously.

What kind of training could make you to have no time?

"Ok let's practice one more time to see if you can take me down, and if you do, we can finally start with the weapons," he said, avoiding my question and going to the mat.

I sigh and go to the mat as well and get in my fighting stance that he showed me. Then, the fight begins.
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Zander's POV

"What the hell did you do?! Why did you send that stupid letter?!" I yell at my father.

I had just barely found out that he had sent some vampires to attack Arron's pack and had left a letter to Daphne. I don't know the contents in the letter, but since it came from my father, it can't be anything good.

"How dare you speak to me that way! I don't care that you are sadly my son and the heir to the throne, you will respect me or will be punished!" he spat at me.

"Well I don't care! Do what you want, the first thing I am going to do when I'm king is to banish you from here!" I say with just as much venom.

He only laughed coldly. He got up from his chair and in his vampire speed, came next to me and grabbed me by the hair.

"Listen here boy, you're only a prince, so you will listen to my orders! And if you keep being an ungrateful brat, maybe you just won't make it to being king" he threatened, his eyes turning red as he used his transfixing on me.

That was a down side for me. The king has the power to transfix anyone. Vampire or not. His own blood or not. I struggle to try and fight it but, it's too strong. He chuckles and smiles at my surrendor. I grit my teeth and stand back.