*+Chapter 6+*

Cookie: Someone suggested that Sean Faris can play Cedric's brother John since he's hot and they kind of look alike lol sooooo, I decided yes, John wil be played by Sean...pic on the side!!-->

Songlink is "Too little too late" by JoJo. Fitting for Kai and John's relationship right now :/

---

"You say you dream of my face, but you don't like me, you just like the chase to be real it doesn't matter anyways. You know it's just too little too late "-JoJo

*+Kai's POV+*

Cedric was late. Again.

       I sat on the kitchen chair and stared at the food I prepared. It had grown cold from sitting out too long. I glance at the clock hanging on the wall. What could be keeping him? His friends again?

       I crossed my arms with a sigh. Maybe I should just put this all away...or maybe I should just give in and call him to demand what's taking him so long. But that's it. It would be too childish to ask him if those girls were more important to him then I was.

       I leaned against the chair with a frown at my thoughts. In all honesty I don't even know where I stand with that boy. We're lovers...but is that all? Did he still think that he was a replacement for John? We've never actually talked about it since our affair began. What does Cedric really think of me? Of our relationship?

       The door bell rang, breaking me out of my thoughts, very dangerous thoughts. I was grateful for the interruption because when left alone my mind would go into dangerous territory. I shouldn't expect more from Cedric. He was just a child.

       "And that's probably him now," I said aloud, making my way to the front door. "Ced," I opened the door with a small smile, excited to see him despite myself. "What took you so long..." I cut off, eyes going wide when I realized just who was standing in front of my door.

       "Hi," John smiled at me. "Long time no see."

       I stared at him, not quite knowing how to react to his presence. It actually surprised me to see him standing there, hands in his blue jean pockets, white polo shirt as white as his smile. He had that sheepish look on his face, one that told me that he knew that I was shocked to see him.

       "I thought you were still on your Honeymoon," I said, not knowing what else to say at this point. My heart did a little flip flop at the sight of him like it always did. No matter how much of a bastard he's been, John would always hold a place in my heart.

       "I was," he nodded, "but we decided to come back early."

       "A week early?"

       John's smile dimmed. "There were...complications."

       Trouble in paradise already? I didn't voice that thought out. Instead I continued to stare at him, waiting for him to say something else. To make the next move. What was he doing here?

        John cleared his throat, looking a little unnerved by my stare. "Uh, can I come in? Or am I not welcome anymore?"

       I blinked at him. Let him in? But why? I thought he said he was never coming back to my apartment. When he had left me three months ago, he had taken everything with him. So why was he here now?

        "Kai?" John titled his head to the side, suddenly looking concerned. "You okay?"

        "I..." I shook my head and stepped back. "Come in."