*+Chapter 9+*

Cookie: Pic is Sam Way as Cedric! :3

And songlink is "Don't Wanna Miss A Thang" by Aerosmith. I love that song *sighs*

-----

*+Cedric's POV+*

That was a really fucked up thing for you to do," Kara said as soon as Miranda rushed out the car, slamming the door close in her wake.

       Through out the entire car ride, my two usually chatty friends were unusually silent. Well, their mouths were silent but the atmosphere and the way their eyes drilled holes into me spoke volumes.

       I sighed. But here it comes, now that Miranda was out the car and dashing into her home, Kara will finally say what she's kept bottled up. I wonder what Kai is doing with my brother now...

      "You bastard," Kara snarled viciously on the seat beside me, "how could you!?"

       I looked at her. "What?"

       Her eyes widened. "What? What!? You ass! You know that Mimi likes you and you...you just had to show her that....what ever the hell that was!"

       " If I recall correctly, it was you who insisted to meet my special someone."

       "Yeah! But I didn't know it was a guy!"

       I lifted a brow at that. "Really? And that makes a difference?"

       "W-well yeah," Kara sputtered, "Mimi-"

       "Mimi is a big girl," I pointed out, "she'll be fine."

       "It was disgusting," Kara went on, and crossed her arms. "Kissing that guy like that after we just saw him kissing your brother."

       I studied the girl beside me with amused interest. Really, this girl is interesting. Did she have any idea how hypocritic her accusations were? Not that her anger bothered me, in fact I thought that it was about time that she too be true to herself.

       "You know," I began casually, breaking her moody silence. "I've been in love with Kai since childhood. I thought he was so very far out my reach when he was with my brother and then a miracle occurred."

       I closed my mouth and remained silent, waiting for her to make the next move. If she was curious enough in what I had to say, then there was hope for the girl.

       And sure enough, Kara glanced at me and grudgingly muttered, "What miracle?"

      I smiled discreetly. Ah...so there was hope for the girl after all.

       "My brother was stupid enough to let Kai go so I made my move. Opportunity came knocking and I answered. Gladly. I made my move and now I have the one I love most within my grasp."

       Kara snorted rudely and rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah? Well that Kai guy seemed pretty chummy with your brother earlier."

       "I said I have him within my grasp," I said gravely, "but I never said I have him completely. Right now, I'm giving him the freedom to choose. My point was, Kara, is that a window of opportunity was opened for me to make my move...maybe it's about time you made yours."

       She stared out the window, my words possibly churning in her head. She knew what I was talking about but the thing is...will she be truthful?

       "You suck," Kara grumbled after a while. "You Mr.-Know-It-All."

       I smiled. "No, I don't know everything but then again, I'm just 17. I still have time."