*+Chapter 8+*

Cookie: LOL I know I said Im gonna wait a few days but this chapter really touched my heart. *sniff* So I'll upload it b4 taking a breaking from it...hehe

Pic is of Kaito!! Pretty!

Songlink is "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson. It really speaks of Kai and John's relationship

----

"Remember all the things we wanted, now all our memories they're haunted. We were always meant to say good-bye. Even with our fists held high, it would have never worked out right, we were never meant for do or die."- Kelly Clarkson

*+Kai's POV+*

What the hell was that back there?" John demanded as he stepped inside my apartment and slammed the door close behind him. "Are you out of your mind?"

       I ignored him and kept walking until we were in my living. Still shaken by Cedric's kiss, I managed to calmly sit down on the couch, directing all my attention on John. "Sit down, John."

       "I mean my own brother," John was muttering, pacing back and forth before me. "What the hell were you thinking, Kai?"

       I lifted my chin up, eyes coolly following his restless movements. "Don't get moralized on me now, John. You have no right to judge me, this judgment coming from a man who just asked me to help him cheat on his wife."

       John had the decency to blush at the truthfulness of my words but glared at me. "Yeah, but my own kid brother, Kai? Come on, why Cedric?"

       "I-"

       "It's disturbing," John went on, facing me with his hands on his hips. "You've known him since he was just a little brat. Hell, he's still a brat! He could be your own brother."

       "But he's not."

       "That's beside the point," John growled. "Cedric is 17, still in high school for god's sake. What could a kid like that give a grown man like you?"

       I looked away from John's accusing glare. "He makes me happy."

       Silence stretched between us for several seconds before John broke the silence. "How long?"

       I looked at him. "What?"

       "How long have you and my brother been," he couldn't seem to say it. "How long have you two been in this sort of relationship?"

       "Since you're wedding."

        John's mouth went slack. "My wedding...but..." his eyes widened. "Your clothes, I remember you coming out the woods with your clothes messed up but I...at my own wedding reception, Kai?"

        I flinched. "I hadn't meant for it to happen. It just had."

        "Was it you who approached him first, Kai?" John asked. "Why..." He stopped talking, staring at me in a thoughtful manner. I knew what he was thinking and when he laughed, it was a mocking laughter.

       "Wow," he said between chuckles, "really, Kai? You couldn't have me so you went after my brother?" John tilted his head and looked at me. "We do look a-like right?"

       "It's not like that," I whispered.

       "Oh really?" John laughed again, not believing me. "Because that's really the only reason why you'd even give him a second glance. We look a-like so you figured, 'well if I can't have the older brother I'll seduce the younger one.'"