Chapter One

A/N: Guys, I posted an admin book if you are interested! It's on my profile :) Also, I hate this chapter lmao. Comment, vote... ENJOY!!! Love ya! xoxox

Then...

"Mutant and proud." The words just kept playing over and over in my head that night. Why did I decide to come here with them? Why did I just abandon my brother? I sighed, clutching my pillow in my arms as I sulked. My feelings for Erik clouded my judgement and my common sense. I agreed with what he was saying, true. But I shouldn't have acted upon it, I should be back at the mansion with my brother. I should make sure that Charles was okay. I leaned my head against the wall of the room I was given for the time being, my eyes looking over the lumps in the painted ceiling while I thought about my choice. But one word just kept popping up. "Why?" 

As the days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months and my thoughts continued brewing, I saw now that this was a mistake. I felt closed off from the rest of the group, only being spoken to by Shaw's crew when Erik sent them to alert me that we were to leave. Erik and Raven still spoke to me and kept me company, but it wasn't the same. There was some sort of thickness in the air whenever we would converse that just made my entire body tense. When it was just Erik and I, it was a whole other story. We had developed a sort of relationship, if you could even call it that. Whenever we were alone, it would be roaming hands, lips against skin, the sounds of heavy breathing. I felt like I was just there for his pleasure. Until that day.

After our group was slaughtered and Raven went off on her own... The day we were the only ones left. The day he saved me. 

--Time Skip--

"Riley?" A normal looking Hank asked from the other side of the door. "You're back?" 

"And you're not... blue." I observed, looking his face over. "Can I come in?" 

Hank's eyes widened and a blush crept up to his cheeks while he moved out of the way for me to step inside. "Wh-...What are you doing here?" He asked, the look of relief in his eyes as he looked at my healthy form in front of him. 

I swallowed the lump that began to form in my throat before pulling Hank into a hug. My arms wrapped around his waist and rested my head against his chest while he wrapped his arms around me. "They're gone." I said quietly. "Emma, Azazel, Angel... Raven, Erik..." 

Hank pulled away gently to look me in the eyes. "What happened?" 

I looked to the floor, tears creeping into my eyes with their familiar sting. "Raven left to go God knows where..." I paused, wiping the droplets away furiously. "Angel, Azazel and Emma were captured and murdered-" I choked out a sob, remembering the day that I was certain I would be killed and used for experimentation as they were. "-And Erik was.... I don't even know! He could be dead for all I know!" 

Hank pulled me back into him, his arms tightening around me. "Riley, it's alright..." He whispered into my hair while I sobbed into him. "It's okay, you're home." 

Now...

I sat on the stairs of the mansion, my face in my hands. The silence in the place was overwhelming. Silence is violent, it's when you can clearly hear your thoughts and they sound like screams. About ten minutes had passed before I stood and made my way to the room I inhabited back when we were all a big family. But now we couldn't be more apart. Half of us were dead, the other half had either been drafted or they just disappeared. 

I haven't been sleeping in my room since I arrived, opting to sleep in Erik's old room instead, so I had no idea what to expect when I opened that door. 

The hinges creaked as I pushed on the wooden portal, clearly untouched since that day eleven years ago. When I stepped in, I looked around at the dust covered room in awe. The pajamas from the night before still lay on the ground in a bunched up mess, my book still on the night stand opened to the page I left off on, the blankets still uncovering the part of the mattress I slept on and finally, the pillow Raven whacked me with was still lazily placed by the headboard.

I stood there for a moment, my eyes never leaving the area that seemed to be frozen in time. I only turned when I heard footsteps approach behind me, my eyes meeting those of Charles Xavier. "Jesus, Professor. You almost gave me a heart attack." I breathed out, putting a hand over my chest for effect. 

Charles looked at me sadly, an alcoholic drink in his hand as I usually saw him nowadays. "Please, don't call me that." He paused, looking over the ghostly room we stood in. "If you're going to be staying in here again, you might want to clean." He pointed out before wobbly walking out the door to wherever he goes. 

I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me quietly before I turned to go to Hank's room, stopping in my tracks when there was a knock on the front door. I rose a brow, confusion getting the better of me, causing me to walk down to answer it. When I opened the door, I was met with a gruff looking man in sunglasses. "I can't help with directions, sorry." I said, closing the door, only for the man to push it open again. I narrowed my eyes towards him, anger building up. "May I help you?" 

"Uh... Yeah, what happened to the school?" He asked, looking around him.