Chapter Ten

A/N: The amount of excitement I have for the Prologue to the next story is.... Intense lmao. Also, I've been feeling kind of sick lately so this chapter is more than likely going to be a sucky and short chapter... But please bear with me!

"How are we so sure that this will fix the future? Or how are we sure that Raven will listen to us?" I asked while we made our way to the security check-in at the Whitehouse. "You know, this could just all be pointless." 

"Yes, Riley, I'm aware of that." Charles said from his wheelchair. "Try to think positive thoughts, eh?" 

I sighed and nodded, crossing my arms when the security guard stopped us. "Can I see your invitations, please?" He asked. 

Charles brought his middle and pointer finger to his temple, looking up at the man. "Yes, you may." He paused, watching the man's stern face turn into a calmer one. "These three are with me." 

The guard nodded. "Go ahead." 

I let out a sigh of relief, pushing Charles along the lawn while my eyes searched around for Raven. "Any trace of her, Charles?" 

"I haven't found her yet, but she has to be here." He informed. 

The sound of applause caught my attention, and I looked towards the stage to see the President walk up to the microphone. "My fellow Americans, today, we face the greatest threat in our history: Mutants." I scoffed, my eyes rolling under my sunglasses. 

I leaned over to Hank and nudged his shoulder. "Yeah, we're the greatest threats. Meanwhile they have nuclear missiles that could kill us all in seconds." I whispered harshly. Hank nodded in agreement and put a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly. 

"Behold. The world will never be the same again." Nixon announced, pointing to the flag behind him as it fell to reveal the sentinels. 

"Oh boy." I mumbled. "Please tell me you found her..." 

Charles shook his head and said sadly, "Not yet, but I will. Hank, calm your sister down." 

"I am ca-"

"I have her!" Charles interrupted, pointing towards a man near the stage. "There, see? Secret Service man, left of the stage!"  He paused, turning to look at Logan and Hank, careful not to lose his connection with Raven in the process. "Go!"

A/N: So. Gal Gadot was just announced to be appearing at the Comic Con I'm going to in 49 days... So. Her, Billie Piper, Stan Lee AND Robin Lord Taylor are all going to get hugs from me YAY