Chapter 6: The Resurrection Stone

Song: Vienna by Billy Joel

Beep, Beep, Beep

Hermione's alarm clock went off at 11:50 sharp, and reminded her she had to go meet Harry. She put down the thick book she was reading and made a small bag of stuff she might need on her journey. She used her beaded handbag to carry her supplies in, the same handbag she used when she went horcrux hunting with Ron and Harry. She filled it up with all kinds of stuff they  might need, if something goes wrong.

At 11:59 the brown eyed girl grabbed her wand and apparated to the Forrest of Dean. When she arrived she used a disillusionment charm on herself so she would appear invisible. Harry arrived   with a pop a few moments later. Hermione took the disillusionment charm off herself and walked over to her friend.

Harry noticed Hermione, "Are you ready for this?"

"Yeah, I'm ready to put it behind me for good." 

Harry took the resurrection stone out of his pocket and held it in his hand.

 "I'm not exactly sure how we should go about doing this." Said Hermione.

"I have an idea," Mentioned Harry.

"What?"

"We can use the stone to ask Dumbledore how to." Offered, the raven haired man.

"Harry I don't know if that's a good idea." Said Hermione.

"But... I guess you're right." Said Harry, he looked a little disappointed.

"If we use it once we'll be more apt to use it again. This is a dangerous magical object and we shouldn't be playing around with it." Said Hermione, she felt bad for shooting down Harry's idea  but she didn't want Harry getting addicted to using it.

"Do you think the sword of Gryffindor can be used to destroy it?" Asks Harry.

"There's only on way to find out. Do you still have it?" Asked Hermione as she placed her hands in her pant pockets.

"Yeah, I've had it since the Battle Of Hogwarts." Replied  Harry, "I'll go get it. It's at my house."

"Okay, I'll go with you."

Harry offered Hermione his arm and she took it, Harry apparated the two of them to his apartment. Harry walked off to go find the sword and left Hermione waiting behind. The apartment was cozy and welcoming. Hermione walked over to their  refrigerator, opened it, and took out a bottle of gully water. Then she laid down on Ginny's and Harry's couch. 

Harry walked back into the room, with the sword of Gryffindor in his hand, "I would say make yourself at home but it appears you already have."

"I'm just tired," Said Hermione as she snuggled into the couch.

"I'm not, well I guess it's because I stay up most nights anyways." Thought Harry.

Hermione raised her eyebrow at her friend, "Every night?" 

Harrys face turned red, "We should get going."

Hermione Slowly got up from the couch and moved towards Harry. She put her arm through his and they apparated back to the forest of Dean. Harry placed the resurrection stone on the ground.

"Are you ready for this?" Asked Harry.

"Yeah," Muttered Hermione.

Harry drew out the sword of Gryffindor and struck the resurrection stone. It made a crunch noise when it was hit. Harry kept on striking the stone until it was nothing but dust. 

"Harry, I think that's enough," Stated Hermione.

The boy who lived kicked at the dust on the ground and turned to face his friend, "I'm tired, let's go home."

"Okay"

The two friends apparated back to there to apartments, when Hermione got back to her place she noticed that Luna was still awake.

"What are you doing up?" Asked Hermione.

"I couldn't sleep so, I decided to knit this scarf." Said Luna in her sing-song voice.

Hermione yawned and made her way towards her bedroom, "Okay, Goodnight Luna."