Chapter 28: Flour Fight

Song: Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie and The Blowfish 

Buzzing around his kitchen Draco threw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl. He carefully read the  directions: water, yeast, flour, salt. Making homemade dough is not easy for a wizard, especially when they aren't using magic. Pizza is Draco's favorite muggle food. He saw a someone making it on the television earlier that day. He figured if a muggle could do it so could he.

He grew frustrated as powder from the dough got on his hands. Since Blaise and Pansy were out picking out a cake for their wedding, Draco was left home alone with an idea and Blaise's kitchen.

Someone lightly tapped on the front door and let themselves in, "Hey," Greeted Hermione.

Draco looked up from his work sheepishly, "Hey."

Hermione took her light jacket off and put it on the hook next to the door, "What are you doing?"

"Well, I'm attempting to make pizza." Answered Draco, he was a little embarrassed. He didn't plan on having any visitors.

Hermione made up some of the distance in between them, "That's adorable... and you're not even using magic."

"I saw some muggle lady doing it on the telly earlier," Admitted Draco,  "I figured if some muggle lady could do it so could Draco Malfoy."

Hermione raised an eyebrow, "Oh really? How's that working out? 

Draco looked down at the mess he had created, "Okay, I guess. I'm getting a little frustrated, since I'm not using magic."

Hermione stepped up to the counter beside him and looked down at the dough, she put a little bit more flour on it, "It looked like it could use some more flour," she began to knead the dough.

"Oh is that how it's done?" Asked Draco.

"Mhmm," replied Hermione sarcastically.

Draco stepped closer toward Hermione, and watched her knead the dough from behind her. He rested his chin on the top of her head, "How was your day?"

"Good... " Answered Hermione, "I'm still trying to track down Amycus Carrow. If there's going to be another attack, it'll probably happen sometime soon. It's been awhile since the last one."

"Whenever it comes we'll be ready." 

Hermione finished kneading the bread and turned around to face Draco, "I admire your positivity."

Draco put his flour covered hands on the side of Hermione's face, being his cocky self he said, "One of the many things you admire about me."

"Hey, you're getting flour all over me." Said Hermione, the flour from his hands were getting all over her rosy cheeks.

"Oh, well..." Started Draco, but Hermione brought her flour covered hands up to the top of his chest, getting his dark T-shirt all white. A laugh escaped her lips.

The sound of her laugh made Draco smile, he grabbed some more flour off the counter and ran his hands down her back.

"Draco Malfoy!" scolded Hermione playfully as she slid away from his grasp and grabbed some more flour in the process. She threw some of it at him when she was a safe distance away.

Draco grabbed some more flour and chased Hermione around the kitchen, "You can't get away that easily, Hermione."

After a few moments of chasing her around Draco caught her in his arms. The two looked into each others eyes and felt nothing but happiness. They could've stayed in that moment forever, it was nothing but pure bliss.