[Chapter Four] Liam

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved."
                    -Geoge Macdonald

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Four- Liam

After dinner, I couldn't bring myself to go to bed just yet, so I went and got Hadley and set out to the pound. It was the most peaceful place I knew. It was farther away than the stream, but this place was more private and quiet.

There was a bit of grass around it, which was surrounded by trees and you could hear the wind snaking its way through them. The way the moon would shine down on the small clearing just made you want to lie down and look up for hours.

It was about one in the morning when I decided to head back, and with riding Hadley, it was a twenty minute ride back.

I was just putting her in the barn for the night when I heard a voice, I wasn't sure what it was so I started walking over towards Ethan's land, and I had just gotten to the fence when I heard someone screaming.

I swear my blood ran cold at that moment, and I jumped over and ran towards the sound, not caring what was over there, just that someone was in trouble, and I just knew it had to be Addie.

When I got to her, she was lying on the ground by the pin that held the puppies and she was thrashing around. After a second of hesitation I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my lap and just held onto her, she was fighting me, but I didn't let go.

"Sh, Addie it's Liam. It's okay I'm not going to hurt you, I promise"

I kept repeating over and over that I wouldn't hurt her and she was okay, and she slowly calmed down. Her breathing started to even out, and that's when I noticed some whimpering.

I looked over and Keisha was scratching at the gate whimpering while looking at Addie. I guess he got attached to her quick.

I laid her back down to get Keisha, and when I turned back to her, her breathing had gone ragged again, and it looked like she was about to start panicking again.

I managed to set Keisha on her, and since he didn't want to leave her side, He sat still and then I picked her up and carried her to her house. Good thing that puppy's small or this wouldn't have worked.

When I opened the door Mrs. Lalan was in the living room looking worried

"Oh thank god. I heard screaming and I couldn't find Addison!"

"She was having a nightmare" I looked down at her; even in her sleep she couldn't find peace. She was frowning and her eyebrows were scrunched together, she looked just so tense.

"I'm going to take her to her room and lay down with her for a couple hours" I said on my way up to her bedroom. I would make sure to leave before she woke up, I wouldn't want her to wake up and freak out. I was just glad she changed in to some Pajamas.

Once I laid her down in her bed near the wall, her breathing picked up again, so I quickly slid in beside her and pulled her against me so her head was on my chest. She immediately calmed down and curled up against me, throwing a leg over mine while Keisha settled down on the other side against her.

As I looked down at her I found myself wondering again what happened to her, you don't scream in your sleep if you're okay.

She looked more relaxed now, and I couldn't pull my eyes away from her, she really is a beautiful girl. I just wish I could be this close to her while she's awake, she has beautiful eyes that I can't really tell if there green, blue or grey. Cheesy as it sounds, I could get lost in them.