[Chapter Forty-One] Addison

It's so curious:
                               one can resist tears and
                 'behave' very well in the hardest hours of grief.
  But then someone makes you a friendly sign behind a window,
                   or one notices that a flower
                     that was in bud only yesterday
                                         has suddenly blossomed,
                or a letter slips from a drawer...
                               and everything collapses.

                                                          –Colette

Chapter Forty-One- Addison

It took up about an hour longer than planned, but we eventually made it down to the pond. When he kissed me I pretty much just lost track of time, it sounds cheesy but it just happens.

I loved everything about being with him; the way he made me feel, the way he kissed me, how happy I was, how strong he made me feel, his patience, his compassion, his accent. I loved him.

It made my heart beat speed up to think about and I don't know if it was too soon to feel this way, but I loved Liam. No one has ever made me feel the things he does and the thought of leaving him was painful, more painful than it would be to leave my family.

It would break my heart to leave this place and I knew after last night that I couldn't do it.

Spending time playing around in the pond to cool down is exactly how I wished I could have spent some days before I came here. I always wanted a life like this and now I did.

Things were finally looking up.

"What do you think your parents will do?" he asked me

"I left my phone at home; it's possible they've already called to yell at me. I don't want them to know I can talk because then they're going to push more for me to come back to them."

"Home is here, back there is to them?" he asked and I thought about that, I did just say that.

"This is home now." I agreed

"I'm glad to hear you say that"

"I'm glad to say it. I just feel so much better since I made the decision, I keep expecting to regret it and to freak out and stuff, but it's the opposite. I know I'm safe here and I know that I'm happy."

"Good, now get your happy butt up so we can play!" he pulled me up and drug me into the water again. I think I spent more time in the water this summer than I have in the rest of my life combined.

He would splash me and jumped on him to tackle him, sending up both toppling into the water, he stood up and picked me up to kiss me, he did that a lot, I also didn't mind.

We were soaked, I didn't actually plan on going In the lake so we didn't bring any clothes and for once I wasn't wearing a bathing suit under my clothes, I don't know why I decided on that one this morning not the smartest decision, but there was nothing I could do about that now.

We stayed out at the pond threw lunch, which is something we'll probably get in trouble for when we get back because we didn't call either, Liam put his phone on silence and not having mine, we didn't have to worry about them, unless they decided to come and hunt us down, which was possible.

"It's nice to have a day out today; I would probably have gotten suffocated by questions." I told him, grateful he stole me away.

"All questions that need answers though, just remember that." And I groaned