[Chapter Twenty-Eight] Liam

The purpose of life is not to be happy.
                              It is to be useful,
                                    to be honorable,
                               to be compassionate,
                         to have it make some difference
                             that you have lived and lived well."
                                                  ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chapter Twenty-Eight – Liam

I hated seeing her like this, I thought as I looked down at her sleeping form, I hated hearing about what happened to her, it was horrible and only terrible people could do that, but hearing her blame herself about it was the worst.

I just couldn't understand how she blamed herself for all of this, she did nothing wrong. They bullied and beat her down, they tormented and tortured her and all because she was human, and she blames herself for that?

I wish I could get her to see that this had nothing to do with her and everything to do with them. I wish that she would see that she's amazing and that she is worth everything. She thinks I'm too good for her, but I'm not. She has a past, one that is messed up but that's not her fault.

Her telling me that when I kissed her everything was okay meant a lot to me, it meant she felt for me what I did for her. I was going to be in danger of falling in love with her but I couldn't stop it. Every day I felt more and more.

Each time she opened up to me and told me something, each time we kissed, each time I held her, it made my feelings so much stronger. She was a woman worth waiting for, someone who deserved patience and understanding.

All the difficulties would be worth it for her, and even if it goes nowhere between us, I can know I made a difference in someone's life and I would always remember this summer with her, it would be one of the best I've had.

She's opened my mind and eyes up to so much, good and bad, but it's all there and I didn't see it before.

I don't think she realizes just how much she means to her family and to me, and although my parents are being assholes right now, I know they adore her too. They're just worried about us being so close.

I brushed the hair back from her face and she moved to cuddle up to me more and I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight baby." I whispered to her and then closed my eyes too to so I didn't feel like a creeper watching her sleep. But I also loved watching her sleep because it's nice seeing her peaceful and relaxed for the most part.

Her nightmares give her everything to fear, but she's usually got a small smile on her face instead.

When I woke up in the morning she was laying on top of me with her head on my chest and I smiled at how sweet she looked right now.

"Addie." I said softly at first to try to get her up.

"Addison, sweetie get up" I said louder and she groaned

"Addie" I poked her in the  cheek and she swatted the air where my hand was and I laughed

"Addison!" I said louder

"No talk." She mumbled

"Up" I said again and shook her and she half groaned and half growled which made me laugh harder

"Shut up" she said a bit more awake as she rolled to the side

"Nope." I said again and then I was falling and hit the floor as she curled up in bed again and I looked at her in disbelief.