-[Chapter Forty-Four] Liam-

I think you will agree that
                       life's plans are not always tied up
                             into neat little packages.
               Occasionally we find ourselves at a crossroads
        with more than one opportunity from which to choose.
                 Time itself is often the best indicator
                                  of which decision to make,
                          for it can tell so many things
                                            that are now hazy

                                               – Linda Lee Chaikin

Chapter Forty-Four- Liam

It's been two and a half months since she left and the only word we've gotten about her is the wedding invitation and i felt physically ill seeing it. It's nearing the end of November, and it's ironic that I developed those feelings in two and a half months, I knew her for two and a half months, and now that she's been gone that long, it still hurts the same today as it did then.

Christmas is a month away and the house should be completed by then and so I can start moving in then. I know I need to start moving on, I know that people would probably say I'm pathetic and too whipped by her after such a short time.

Some would even say I didn't know her long enough to love her, that everything was a lie, that I didn't really know her, but I can't bring myself to believe that.

I know that I love her and I know that what she said and opened up about was real, she wouldn't lie and she has the scars to prove it. And she told Kalila the same thing. After she left we sat down with the family and told them what we knew.

Lalan tried to call her but her number was disconnected now.

I worried about her every day and every day I did I hated myself for that. I shouldn't be worrying about her and missing her. Kalila even told us she was fucking engaged before she came down here and I don't know if I could forgive her for not telling me that, not that I'll ever get the chance.

I spent more time working and less time doing, well nothing. Work was keeping my busy and when it wasn't I busied myself in the plans for the house and went down to see how it was going. It was built and now was the task of doing the whole inside.

I came home one day with dad and everyone was in the living room.

"Liam, we need to talk to you." Mom said and I wanted to groan, oh god this was an intervention. She's been on my case for weeks about how I've been, she says she understands but at the same time she needs me to start living my life and stop moping around.

I knew she was right, but I still just needed a little bit more time, reading that letter over and over didn't help; it just fueled my anger towards her. I worried about her, but I was angry.

How dare she do that and leave that letter? I ask myself that all the time. she was a coward, she knows is and I know it.

"I know, I need to get over her and let it go. I knew her a short time, I can't let it define me, I need to move on and stop worrying. She's getting married, blah, blah, blah." I sighed as I sat down

"I never said to stop worrying." Mom whispered

"Well maybe I should, maybe she was lying about the whole thing." I mumbled angrily, that thought has crossed my mind as the time went on and I became more bitter with her.

"Don't say that." Kalila snapped and I glared at her.

"Why? If it was so bad why did she fucking leave? She lied about other things why not this?" I asked and she stood up and Asher grabbed her arm