[Chapter Twenty-Two] Liam

We all make choices,
                                but in the end our choices make us.
                                                            ― Ken Levine

Chapter Twenty-Two – Liam

When she told me that she was going to sleep alone tonight I was disappointed, I was so used to sleeping with her that it's going to be weird to be sleeping alone, but I respected her decision and I know why she's doing it, it's something that needs to be done

I headed to my room and I stripped down to my boxers to get more comfortable, this heat was getting more unbearable each day, and it was only about to get worse. I laid down in bed and got under my blanket, which was now just a sheet since I tossed the other ones off.

I tossed and turned not being able to sleep until I grabbed a pillow to hold onto, I know it wasn't manly but I was so used to her body next to mine that I couldn't sleep without it. I sighed and finally fell asleep.

I don't know how long I was sleeping, but I heard her voice in my dreams calling my name and ruffling my hair, and I woke up and nearly had a heart attack seeing someone standing there, but I knew it was her instantly. She was looking down and I took the chance to watch her.

When she looked back up she yelled and stumbled backwards nearly falling. I was worried about that, I didn't want her to rebreak her wrist.

I instantly was sitting up to make sure she was okay, I didn't mean to scare her.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded

"Sorry" she whispered "I didn't want to wake your parents" I rolled my eyes, waking them up was nearly impossible, they usually just have to wake up on their own, or they aren't getting up.

"They sleep like the dead, its fine."  I assured her and she nodded

"What are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here, just wondering"

She opened and closed her mouth and I watched her

She was standing there looking down and she had her arms in front of her and crossed nervously as she ran her hand up and down her arm and she clutched and unclutched her hands and intertwined her fingers before releasing them

She was adorable and childlike right now, she may hate it, but I loved her vulnerability in front of me. it made me feel special to her that she could show this side of herself to me, and I liked that because she was special to me.

She was nervous and uncertainty was shining through as she slowly and hesitantly raised her head to look me in the eyes. Her eyes were watering and I knew what was going on then

"Nightmare" was all she whispered and I moved the pillow I was previously curled up with and pushed away the embarrassment that she saw me doing that before opening my arms for her.

She settled in her place at my side and I heard her content breath and I was feeling the same way. This was her place, beside me, and I had no problem with her being here. It was nice being able to feel someone against me.

I never slept over with girls because I didn't want to give the wrong impression to them and I just didn't want to, but with Addie everything we did was purely innocent and I loved that about us.

 "You're welcome anytime Addie" I told her as I played with her soft hair "I'm here, everything is okay." I tried to assure her and she nodded slowly. I knew there was a lot going on with her, but I was trying to give her as many happy moments as I can.