[Chapter Six] Liam

Knowing and feeling are two different things, and feeling is what counts.

                                                                 ― François Lelord

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Chapter Six- Liam

Something's wrong with Addison, I know there is. She's been depressed and pushing me away. I know I don't have to be with her all the time and she's not telling me everything, I get that she's not ready and she doesn't have to.

But even since the moment I was around her she never shut me out. She let me carry her, she let me take her to the pond, she told me more than she's ever told anyone else, which granted isn't much, but still. But now she won't even really look at me and she's not even signing.

I don't know why she gets to me so much, she just does. I see how broken she is and I just want to help her. I know I can't fix her, the best I could ever do is hold it together with super glue, but at least that would be better.

There are so many pieces of her just scattered and hid away and I hope that she'll help me find them. I hate to see a woman in pain and even though I don't really know her, I still feel like I do. It makes no sense, but I'm just going to go with it.

Not only that but Lalan and Ethan had been pretty quiet all day too. I guess they figure something is really not right with her is she won't even talk to me.

So when I brought her dinner I wasn't expecting much from her.

"Hey Addy" I said as I walked in

She waved and gave me a small smile and as usual kept her distance, which didn't even seem like anything but normal anymore.

"How about the field tomorrow?" She signed and I couldn't help but feel happy that she was going to go with me tomorrow. I could see that she wasn't doing this because she particularly wanted to, but I was happy she would go.

I know she wanted to go sometime, just maybe not tomorrow, but I agreed anyway

"Perfect, we can go after breakfast. Make sure to grab sun screen" I reminded her because she got a bit burnt the other day, and the field was way more exposed to the rays.

"I'm sure between the two of us, one will remember. Goodnight Liam" she gave me another small smile and sat down on her bed with her dinner

"Good night Addison" I told her as I left. I really wish I knew what happened.

"She's going to go to the field with me tomorrow" I told Lalan and Ethan when I got down stairs with her lunch plate.

"You got her to talk, or well sign?" she asked hopefully

"Yeah, she asked if I wanted to go, she still seems a bit sad, but she's willing to get out of the house so that much be an improvement." I tried to stay positive. I was always the positive one of the bunch.

"That's great, I've been worried about her" she sighed and I noticed the dark circles starting to form under her eyes, must be some sleepless nights.

"She's having nightmares" I said, it wasn't a question.

"Yes. And I can't for the life of me figure out why. I just don't know what happened to my poor niece. But one thing's for sure, I'm going to find a way to go and kick my good for nothing brother when she goes back home." She glared at nothing in particular; there was so much venom in her words.