Chapter 16

For everyone who was involved or lost someone in 9/11. 

Tony's P.O.V:

The X-men got back a minute ago. The Avengers and New Mutants were outside waiting for them. Whitney seemed to know what day it was. She has always been smart like me. "Today's the day huh?" She asks, making the others look at us. "afraid so pumpkin." I say. Still getting confused glances. "Whitney is singing the National Anthem and giving a speech at the Televised 9/11 Memorial event tonight." I say smiling proudly at Whitney, she beams back. "I've been practicing all year when they asked last year!" Whitney beams. Scott smiles at Whitney, along with everyone else. I hand Whitney her dress that is in the dress bag and she rushes to her room. "Is she really going to do this?" Cannonball asks. "Yea, 9/11 is personal to this family. I had two sisters, Samantha and Hailey. Hailey was in one of the towers when the planes crashed. She died 5 hours later in a hospital." I say my voice shaking. Thor putting a hand on my shoulder in comfort. Whitney comes back into the living room in the dress Pepper picked out. She sits next to me on the couch.Her Aunt's locket around her neck. She takes it off and opens it, then pacing to to Scott. "That's my Aunt Hailey and Uncle Tony." Whitney says softly. Scott paces it around, when Whitney gets it back she closes it and put it around her neck once more. We all get ready and head to the event.

~Time Skip~

3rd person

Whitney looks at everyone and takes a breath. When the man calls her name she takes a breath and goes out and starts to sing.

"Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous  fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!" Whitney sings. Everyone claps. Whitney goes to give her speech. "I might be four. but 9/11 is personal to me. My Aunt Hailey Stark worked in one of the Twin Towers. I never got to meet her. We should never forget the lives lost in 9/11. The lives we lost when the planes crashed into the towers and the rescuers who died saving people. 15 years go This happened that means 15 years later New York bounced back and America Bounced back. I want to say thank you to all of the rescuers who risked and lost their lives to say people in 9/11. No one will ever forget 9/11 because it helped us come more together as a nation. So I would like to say a prayer. Thank you god for protecting everyone who survived 9/11 and keeping the families of those who lost someone safe. In your name lord we pray Amen." She finishes. Everyone claps. She did it.

 She did it

Dress^

locket^

locket^