Chapter Two

I know I have my flaws, I pay the price but I'm grateful

▶⚫◀

"It's a promise" a soft voice whispers to him as a ring is being slipped into his finger. The memory is blurry, he doesn't recognize the voice, he can't see the person's face nor the place they're at, but he can see the ring. Very clearly.

Zayn tries not to stare at the ring. Louis didn't make a move yet, and it only means one thing. This whole situation was merely a set up. Louis wanted him to be here, to see.

"How about we all go home tonight? Forget about this whole ... thing" Louis offers with a knowing smile. Zayn doesn't drop the gun down, doesn't let his emotions show on his face, he stares back with a cold face then glances at Louis' men as he takes careful back-steps. Louis would have won anyway. Once he's far enough, he drops the gun and walks away.

But why would Louis want him in any of this? Does he know about his past? Or worse ... Is he someone from his past?

Louis is very skillful, he's good at what he does, and Zayn would've admired him, but maybe in another life. His doubts are growing because since day one he had hated Louis' guts. He is someone from his past.

Zayn takes a deep breath as he walks past the same hospital. He doesn't get a clear vision of whatever happened here so he calls the first person that comes to his mind. The only person actually, because he trusts no one else. Niall.

▶⚫◀

"The records doesn't show much. Your name isn't included in anything" Niall informs him.

Zayn sighs, "They've erased everything. Of course you wouldn't find any information"

Niall hums, "We could break in" Zayn opens his eyes and sits up to look at Niall, "Maybe we can find some papers that they couldn't burn. There are usually folders that contains too many names, yours could be included"

Zayn thinks for a moment then nods slowly, "You don't have to do this, you know?"

"I don't but-" he closes his laptop and shrugs, "I have nothing better to do" Zayn smiles. Niall wouldn't actually admit it, but it's not just a favor that he'd ask for another back. He wonders why someone as good as him is at Paige.

"Also" Niall starts again, "There are some rumors" Zayn rolls his eyes, "Louis has a new member in his team. Guess who?"

"So Louis is gathering a team now? And it's just rumors, Ni"

"You know whatever spreads here is true" Niall gives him a knowing look and Zayn has to roll his eyes again. "Anyway ... It's Liam"

Zayn thinks for a moment. "Do you think Louis is playing on his own?"

"That's why you need to find out"

Zayn raises his eyebrows, "Why me?"

"You're already in this mess, bro" Zayn keeps his mouth shut after that. Louis doesn't like him, he's definitely planning on something, and he is involved. "He likes twinks" Zayn sends him a glare.

"I'm not-"

"You have to" Niall stands up and grabs his jacket, "Now come on. We have another thing to attend to"

▶⚫◀

"So apparently, you got into a car accident"

They managed to get to the hospital files after threatening the staff working there.