Chapter Six

Get mad independent and don't you ever forget it

▶⚫◀

"He just overdosed" Harry glanced at the opened bottle then back at Zayn. "It's not harmful, but he won't wake up soon. It's not that he swallowed the whole bottle ... Probably three pills" he turned to look at Niall who nods at him.

"Wait. Why three?"

"Because I told him to only take it if he didn't feel well. And in Zayn's logic, that means he can take two a day, maximum" he smiles, "His conscious kicks in, and he guesses one more would do more than the required job but in the same time it won't kill him"

Zayn hasn't changed, not much. He might be a hit-man right now, but his character just grew its dark side more after he lost his memory. In Harry's guess, Zayn is probably confused so he's always on auto defense. And it's not that he hadn't seen Zayn's dark side before, it's just that he wasn't at the receiving end of it.

"Were you too married?" Niall asks, because Zayn has told him about what he sees, and Niall wants to be sure.

"I wish" Harry answers quietly as he looks down at Zayn's sleepy figure. He looks peaceful, unbothered. Throughout the years they had spent together, Zayn had never woken up before Harry, and Harry would get to see this sight daily.

But Zayn mentioned a ring, "Did he belong to someone else?" He asks carefully. If Harry cares so much but he wasn't the one. Then ...

Harry frowns and turns back to Niall, "Like ... Before he lost his memory or after?"

"Before"

Harry's frown deepens. Was Zayn with someone else during their relationship? "I ... hope ... not?"

"People don't usually walk with a diamond ring on their left hand"

Harry blinks, "Oh!" he releases a sigh of relief, "Yeah ... I gave him that"

Niall crosses his arms and squints his eyes at Harry, "Yeah, and what happened?" Harry gave him a confused look, "To the ring?"

Harry shrugs, "He might have lost it afterwards, I'm not sure" Harry would buy him a new one anyway.

"Lost it? Or you simply moved on?" Harry might have given up, Niall thinks. But he came back, and he has no idea why would he if he already forgot about Zayn.

"What are you pointing to?"

"Don't act stupid. You're better than that. Zayn is my friend, and if you attempted to hurt him, I won't forgive you" Niall won't say it out loud, but he does care for Zayn. The two of them got along when Zayn first joined Paige, and if the circumstances were better, he'd happily admit it.

But Harry doesn't get it. "I would never hurt him!"

"Then why is Louis wearing the same ring?" Niall isn't blind. And he isn't the only one who notices how close Louis and Harry are. He guesses that something happened made Harry feel guilty about it, and decided to help Zayn. But everything is fishy in this world.

Why is Louis what?! Harry never saw him wearing it. "I should go" he mumbles as he stands up which gives Niall more reasons to doubt Harry.

Harry, on the other side doesn't waste time returning to Louis' place. He is thankful Louis isn't there when he arrived allowing him to search the flat.

He finds nothing.

But If Niall and Zayn saw it, they won't lie, would they?

Harry calls Louis to see where he's at. If Louis indeed had the ring, he wouldn't leave it laying around in the apartment. Not if he knew that Harry might find it. Fuck ... Louis knows.