The Essential Bride (14)

I had lost time awhile ago how long we had been driving, the sun was starting to set over the highway, and I sighed heavily. "I can't feel my butt. I can't feel my butt." I whined, "we have been driving on the highway now for hours, and I can't feel my butt. I have to pee, I'm starving."

"So that was your stomach I've been hearing..." Leon muttered to himself.

I glared at him from the corner of my eye. "Unbelievable," I cursed. "In that contract, whatever, thing I signed, does it mention you starving me for the rest of my life because this is ridiculous."

Leon chuckled, "always over exaggerating. You could have asked at any point for me to stop for you to use the restroom, or for a snack or meal. You were the one that decided that we should make this drive in silence remember?" He pointed out to me and I rolled my eyes.

One crying meltdown and demanding that Leon never speaks to you again and suddenly... I pursed my lips.

"That was before I realized you were taking me to the other side of the world or something!" We had been driving for so long, Leon laughed. "I'm hungry." I repeated and Leon said nothing. We continued the drive in silence, I didn't know what he expected from me, but exits passed and Leon didn't pull over.

Soon my bladder was going to explode.

"Please! PLEASE. Can we stop somewhere? Please!" I shouted, fire in my veins. Leon laughed.

"That was all I needed." Leon insisted, speeding up to the next exit.

Finally, we stopped at the first place we came to right off the exit because I demanded Leon stop, threatening to pee all over his seats. I reminded him of the price of his car and he rolled his eyes. "Unos?" Leon asked, but I said nothing to him as I rushed past him to enter the building. He would have probably liked to hold the door for me, and try to come across like a gentleman but I didn't care. I rushed past the hostess too, and right into the bathroom before she could utter a word.

When I came out of the bathroom, I couldn't miss Leon even though he was sitting across the restaurant. I was thankful when I walked to the table that there was two menus in front of him, he hadn't confirmed what he was yet but I had the feeling it wasn't food he consumed. I just didn't want to be the only one eating dinner.

"Feeling better?" He asked as I sat down, and handed me one of the menus that I grabbed wordlessly. "Please tell me that you're going to speak to me while we have dinner together."

"Can't I enjoy a meal without holding a conversation with you?" I said, sighing heavily.

"No."

"Then you're stuck listening to me complain." I insisted and Leon shrugged.

"What?" He asked with a small smirk, "you complaining is better than silence."

We placed our orders, and I could Leon was regretting his words from earlier.

"I just can't believe you dragged me out of that club without even letting me grab my things. I left my cellphone with Stephanie and her things at that club. Not only that, but you took me from my home and didn't even let me go home to grab my things. I have nothing to sleep in tonight. I look ridiculous in this skin tight dress, sitting in a booth at Unos." I dragged on and on. "Honestly, nothing from my home could come with me?"

"Is this the best place to be asking these questions?" Leon asked while peering around to the other people eating their dinners. They weren't even paying attention to me, and even if they were, Leon could just make them forget. I could do anything I wanted to try to cause a scene and Leon would just make them forget. It was pointless.