The Essential Bride (16)

I woke up slowly this morning, stretching in a massive bed, with heavy covers and for a moment I forgot where I was. Being startled like that though didn't destroy the comfort I had woken up with this morning. I rolled over from facing the wall that had the door to the bathroom to face the window that engulfed the other wall, only to jerk away from the bed.

"Agh!" I yelled with a start, jerking away from the set of eyes watching me sleep. Leon was laying on the other side of the bed, very literally watching me sleep with a small smile on his face. I threw myself out of the bed, fighting against my body to do so, it really didn't want to leave this bed, and threw my hands up in exasperation. "Someone was sleeping here! You can't just lay in bed next to them, and wake them up!" I yelled, only then realizing that three of the buttons to the pink, silk top had come undone in my sleep, revealing the tops of my chest. I instantly clutched the collar of the shirt to hide myself from his eyes. 

"I didn't lay in this bed to wake you up," Leon insisted, not moving from his position. "When I climbed into bed around one am, you didn't seem to mind." He smirked.

"You slept next to me?!" 

"How much sleeping do you think I could do with you hogging the bed the way you were? I requested the biggest bed this hotel has to offer, and yet only managed to have a sliver of it." Leon said

"You weren't supposed to be sleeping next to me, you weren't here when I got out of the tub. I don't know, I got my hopes up. Maybe you got your own room? Maybe you were taking refuge on the couch? A girl can dream alright!" I rushed to the bathroom, and this time slammed the door behind me.

I washed my face, and debated taking a shower or not. I would have if there wasn't a brush and a set of clothing on one side of the bathroom sink, with a note.

'Master requested only comfy attire, due to a long day of travel. Hope this suits your needs, if not, press the button on the night stand.

There was no signature, but I assumed it was the same chambermaid from last night.

At least she got it right this time, and she was good. I had a package of ponytail holders, so I could effortlessly toss my hair into a bun, a pair of gray yoga pants, no-show undies, a white tank top and a black zip up hoodie. I could have used a sports bra at this moment, but I would settle for the heavily padded one she provided me. 

I thought in the back of my head how she kept insisting to press the button if I wasn't happy, but I didn't even know this person I couldn't just demand she do whatever I wanted.

As I came out of the bathroom, Leon was also dressed.

"The note mentioned a long day of travel? Why do they call you Master? ...Little creepy don't you think?" I asked him, not willing to argue with him yet about sleeping with me. We apparently had a long car ride I could yell at him in, didn't want to run out of things to yell at him about.

"Yes, a few more hours of travel south, to an airport." Leon explained quietly, fixing the collar of his white button down shirt, that was already tucked into gray slacks. I looked like a bum next to him, I rolled my eyes but he was too busy fussing over himself to notice. 

"Airport?"

"Yes, I'm from a little country in Europe, we need to get back there." 

"I can't go to Europe Leon! I don't even have a passport! What are you going to do? Make an entire airport security forget that little tidbit?" I yelled.

"Silly woman, I have it all covered. My family owns a lot of businesses, travel is no concern." 

"Owns a lot... do you own this place Leon? Is that why they call you master?"