awake

if i let go of your hand, i'm scared that
you'll fly away and shatter
-bts butterfly

the light shone through the trees, making the forest seem even more magical. the seven boys were walking through that forest, towards their little hideout. they found the old buildings while wandering around. those buildings were abandoned and close to broken.

they spent a lot time there. running around, chasing butterflies, drawing on the walls and a lot of talking. on the roof of those buildings, they could see the lake and the birds flying around. everything on their mind disappeared, they enjoyed the moment like it was their last.

they walked up to the shore, scaring a couple seagulls away. jungkook was surprised by the view. it was breathtaking. it was his first time coming here, next to the water. taehyung chuckled to himself, he thought his only dongsaeng was adorable. he walked off, towards a scaffolding. he put his hoodie on, blocking the wind.

seokjin, who was filming their whole walk, saw him walk away. he turned the camera towards him and told the others as well. they were all wondering what he was going to do. taehyung started climbing the scaffolding. when he was finally at the top, he was ready.

the others just watched him in amazement. especially the youngest. they cheered him on, seokjin had his camera on, they were ready as well. taehyung started running to the edge and jumped off. it was as if he had wings, taking him up to the sky.

like a butterfly.