mama

among my complicated emotions,
in a game of life and death,
i pretend to be dulled by those feelings
-bts forever young

daegu. gwangju. ilsan. gwangcheon. busan. it's been years since the boys visited their birthplace. some of them missed their parents and siblings while others couldn't stand seeing them again. but they all think the same: they regret.

not seeing their family for years is hard, especially when you didn't contact them at all. the ones who ran away regret as well. even if you disagree with their decisions, even if you pretend to hate them, you can't forget them because deep inside, you still love them.

the boys decided to visit their parents. it was maybe time to start over. they realized living this way is not the right way. they figured they should start striving towards their dreams.

jimin and jungkook went to busan. yoongi and taehyung went to daegu. namjoon went to ilsan. hoseok went to gwangju. and seokjin went to gwangcheon. they all went back to their old houses. in front of their front doors, the boys were nervous.

even if their parents scold them or punish them, they wanted to see them. they opened the doors, revealing their family. they cried, apologized and hugged each other. they thought their parents would hate them, but they were wrong. no matter what, their family would support them.

they wanted to stay. but they promised each other before leaving. that they would achieve their dreams together. so they build up their confidence and told these words:

i'll make you proud and come back. hey mama, now you can believe in your son, you can smile.