4 - Updated

Ray's POV

"What?" Q asked getting off the floor.

"Pregnant" I walked to the bathroom and retrieved the test. I showed it to him. "I'm pregnant. We're having a baby"

Not once did I look him in the eyes. I felt his cold hands cup my chin. He made me look at me and he kissed my lips.

"I'm sorry" those words meant nothing in his mouth, but every time he spoke them, I had this little spark in me light. Almost as if he actually means it. But only for that day.

He repeatedly kissed me mumbling the words over and over.

"I'm really sorry Ray, I'm really sorry" I walked away and sat on the bed.

"You don't mean it"

All it took was those four words to tick him off again, and it only ticked him off, because he didn't mean it. At all.

"Dammit Ray. You always do this. You want me to divorce you and leave you. You make me act this way, and when I do, it's wrong. Make up your mind. Ray. Dammit. Make up your freaking mind"

He grabbed his suit case and continued to pack. I didn't bother stopping him this time. If he wanted to get mad and leave, so be it. I was sick of this constant fighting, we do and if getting a divorce was going to fix, it then we're getting a divorce.

I laid back in the bed and went under the covers

"Make sure to turn the lights off when you leave" I stated not bothering to look at him. I can picture him rolling his eyes as he fills his suitcase, and the slightest mumble of...

"Whatever"

*****
Quentin's POV

"Man come on, she's pregnant. Go back home and apologize" one of my co workers, Jay said drowning his drink back.

Jay knew all about me and Ray's relationship. Heck, the whole town probably did. We tried to keep our arguments to ourselves, but lately, it's been harder trying to keep the issues that happened behind doors, behind the doors.

"You weren't there man. I apologized and she had the nerve to tell me that I didn't mean it. Why wouldn't I mean an apology to my pregnant wife" I chugged my beer and ordered another one. "Oh and by the way, I need a place to sleep"

"Oh no, Amber is already sick and tired of you staying over. One more night and I'll be sleeping at yours" he said smiling.

The last thing I wanted to do was bring my sorry aśs home for my wife to hear her mouth. I sighed and rolled me eyes.

"You need to tell your wife, that you're the man of the house. She's stripping your manhood and you don't even know it" I stated.

"That's the reason you're on the rocks and I'm happily married" he finished his drink and grabbed my shoulder. "Let's go mister manhood"

I chuckled and followed him out the bar. I might as well go home with my tail between my legs and apologize for real. We called a cab.

Jay was the first stop the cab made going home. I made a mental to do list for the other day.

1. Pick up flowers
2. Make dinner reservations
3. Buy a promise ring.

I needed to start proving to Ray that I do indeed love her and that I'm ready to start over.

I thanked the cab driver and paid for my fee.

When I got inside the house, Ray was walking around the phone. I knew who she was talking to, and I knew she was talking about me.

"I don't know mom, I don't want to leave him, I love him, mom" Her mother was always trying to get us to break up.

Rather it be she found a nice church boy or the "kind mail man" if it had three legs, she wanted Ray to be with him instead.

I walked over to the couch and laid down. It's best I stay my distance. I knew that Ray needed her space.

I grabbed the pillow and placed it underneath my head.

I don't remember when a blanket was placed over my body, but when I woke up, I was snuggled in a blanket and breakfast was ready for me with a note.

Q, We need help and not from friends and family but a professional. I scheduled an appointment to a therapist today at 5. The kids will be at my parents.
Love Ray

Word Count: 760