19-Updated

Because it's Jared Leto's Birthday 🎉
Ray's POV

"It's freaking New Years Eve" Leila yelled. I laughed. I walked to my closet saw a black crop top. I remembered what my boss said the first time I met him. 'Can never go wrong with all black.'

I grabbed it and pair of black high waisted pants. I paired it off with my red pumps and red lipstick.

Mmm. I looked at Leila who was wearing a black dress.

She smiled and held up her thumbs

She smiled and held up her thumbs. The kids were going to my parents house this. Every year either Quentin or my parents hosted a new year party for the kids. It's been a tradition since.

"You ready" I asked the kids. They all walked out with their pjs. Taylor had the other kids backpacks. He smiled and followed me into the car.

"So who's gonna be at the party?"

"I know that Vincent will be there. Maybe another hottie" I laughed. The kids were already at my parents home.

"Well I know it doesn't matter to me. I'm only staying until Fernando gets off work." I completely understood where she was coming from. Fernando and Quentin worked at the same music company. Fernando was a security guard. They obviously worked different shifts.

I pulled into the parking lot of the banquet hall.

As soon as I walked in, everything was beautiful. High ceilings. Chandeliers. Gold and brass flooring with silver details. The bar countertop was made of pure marble, diamonds covered every inch of every door handle. I felt so out of place here. I was to busy admiring everything to notice Vincent standing near me. He's made a mission of avoiding me for the past week.

He wore glasses with his hair slicked back and suit. He looked good but I've seen better.

"It's not as beautiful as you" he states looking at the same scenery I was just looking at

"It's not as beautiful as you" he states looking at the same scenery I was just looking at. "I'm sorry"

"Those words mean nothing to me. I've been hearing it all my life" I stated and proceeded on greeting some people but before I could move he grabbed my hand.