13-Updated

Ray's POV
3 Weeks Later

Today was the final day of signing the divorce papers. Q has been more reasonable with me. He accepted to give me full custody with the kids with him having visitation rights. I wanted a therapist or some sort of authority to be with him when he had the kids, but he disproved, as long as I had full custody I was fine.

"Ok so Rayne Faith Evans, will be known as Rayne Faith Railings. She has full custody of all five children. Mr. Evans has visitation rights as long as a judges approves, the house and everything else that was brought will belong to Ms. Railings. Correct?" the head lawyer asked reading the divorce papers out loud.

"Correct"

My lawyer told me where to sign and I did without hesitation. Quentin signed as well.

"Well you're not officially divorced yet. A judge will over look and send you both copied of a stamp of approval, and then you're divorced" the head lawyer said.

As soon as I left I called Leila.

"Hello"

"GURL IM DIVORCED. Well not yet but still"

"How you do it so fast. Even celebrities don't get divorced this fast"

"Well the papers are signed a judge has to approve then I'm done with Quentin Michael Evans for good" I couldn't contain my happiness any longer. "I need to call Vincent" before she could say anything else, I hanged up.

Vincent and I have been having little chats for the last 3 weeks. He didn't know everything about me and Qs old relationship but he knew I was getting divorced.

Guess who's a single lady?🤔. Me 🙋🏿

Glad to hear. We should definitely celebrate tonight at 8. Pick u up!

Vincent was such a sweetheart. He was a contractor and coached little football and little league baseball so he had those big arms, and he always smelt like aftershave and pine needles. Weird combination but he made it work.

I know y'all gonna be like...Ray girl how you what he smell like.

Well on multiple occasions he has dropped by my job and taken me to lunch. We had the same lunch time and he made his own hours. He's just really nice.

And no, he's never met the kids. Just a month ago their dad walked out on them, it wouldn't be fair for them to see me move on. Although Taylor might think I have. He's smart enough.

Who knows, maybe when me and Vincent get serious I'll put Taylor in the baseball team.

I pulled into the house and prepared the after school lunch for the kids. I'm divorced.

I didn't hear when my mom walked in with Caden and Dustin.

"Why you so happy" she asked putting them in their highchairs.

"Well momma, its official I am a single woman" I put my hands on my hips and moved like a supermodel.

"I'm glad. That boy was never ok. I told you to stay with that Vincent boy"

I never realized but my new Vincent now had the same name as my old Vincent, but I knew it wasn't him. Old Vincent went to the army after he graduated high school. His mom told me that he found a nice girl and had a baby, when she saw me in the supermarket years ago. New Vincent didn't have a ring and never spoke about a baby or the army.

"Well Vincent cheated mom and is in the army"

"So at least he wouldn't have not claimed your children, and knowing you, you would've beat the cheating game out of him" she grabbed a strawberry and ate it.

My mom was something else. My dad was more laid back. He didn't like either guy. He claimed I would be perfectly fine had I stayed single.

"I have things to do. Hug and kiss my other grandchildren. Bye Sun-ray" I waved at her and turned to my youngest children.

"Mommy is single" they both looked at me then went back to eating their fruit. They both knew how to talk but only did so when they where alone or really needed something.

I shrugged and went back to making the lunches.

I wonder how the other kids would take it?

How would the kids take it!?
I'm kidding it's not gonna be that bad.
Word Count: 732
Vincent : Ryan McPartlin