Chapter 15 : The truth

Aaron's P.O.V

I lay wide awake as I cuddle up against Casey. I don't want to fall asleep because my reality is so much better then my dreams. I look down and see she is fast asleep.

I slowly get up and tuck her in under the blankets. I walk out of her room and softly close the door.

Melanie stands up and asks ," So how did it go?" I smile and say ," We are taking things one step at a time." She hugs me tightly and lets go and asks ," So you guys made up? Did she forgive you?"

I then say ,"We made up. We told each other everything that happened the previous year we weren't together. She says its going to be hard for her treating me the same as before but she will work on it. She just needs to let go of a little anger. She said when she is ready she will forgive me."

Franco, whom also stood up then asks ,"Why is it going to be hard for her to treat you the same?" I frown and look at Melanie and ask ,"You didn't tell him?" She shakes her head and before she could answer Franco interrupts and asks ,"Tell me what?"

I then say ,"It's going to be hard to believe but I am sick, Franco." He frowns and asks ,"Sick how?" I look down at the ground and Melanie says ,"It's okay." I shake my head and squeeze past them to sit on the chairs in front of Casey's room. I look up at Aaron and say ,"I have blood cancer, Franco."

Franco comes and sits next to me on the chair on my right and Melanie on my left. He touches my upper back and says ,"It's going to be okay, buddy. You can make it." I look at him and say ,"It's not that I am worried about." He leans back in his chair and says ,"I know." I lean forward, resting my elbows on my thighs and say ,"You know how hard it was seeing her reaction when I told her. It broke me."

Franco then says ,"It's going to be hard for her but we both know she is strong. She is going to stand by your side. No matter what, she will support you. You can beat this with her by your side."

I then see Melanie stiffen her back as if she is scared or worried. I pay no attention to it. I shake my head, shrug and say ,"But what if I let her down, Franco?"

Before I could answer Melanie murmurs ," Well this is going to be interesting." I look at her and frown. I look past her and see why. I then say ,"Well I guess asshole over here is well enough to go to jail."

As he sees us he stops and says ,"Hey, Melanie. Long time no see." She then stiffens even more. Me still being mad at him I ask ,"And how the fuck do you know Melanie."

He then says ,"I wasn't talking to you." She quickly stands up and brushes past Warren to sit on Franco's lap. I then click. He is the abusive guy she was in a relationship with. I then say ,"Guess what. I just put two and two together which makes you an even bigger asshole because you were the guy that abused Melanie as well."

Franco then says ,"What? She told me about some Mexican boy abusing her but I... ohh now you need to leave before I seriously fucking kill you."

He then smiles and asks ,"I was just wondering how it's going with Casey?" I then say ,"Which has nothing to do with you because you put her here. And we were the ones who put you here so please leave before we both end up in jail."

The nurse starts to push him away and as she does he says something but none of us pay attention to it. Franco then asks ,"Are you okay, Princess?"

She then says ,"I will be fine knowing my dad is going to put him in the harshest prison he could find. It was just hard seeing him again. You know... all the memories."

Franco squeezes her tight and says ,"Nobody is going to hurt you. I am here to keep you safe. And I am sure as hell never leaving your side. I guess you are stuck with me."