Chapter 16 : At Home

Casey's P.O.V

We are on our way hom from the hospital. I am so glad I am out of that place. I hate hospitals. They just don't agree with me. Even hospital food it tastes disgusting. The bed is uncomfortable as hell. And I missed my Aaron so much.

I am so glad we made up. Even though I still have a little anger I need to let go of I am going to give this relationship another chance.

It's not my fault he got diagnosed with blood cancer. Just that thought hurts me so much. Knowing he has blood cancer and can possibly die. I am going to be positive. He will overcome this. No matter what he and I shall survive.

Staring at my promise ring on my hand. I think to myself. Casey you made a promise to fight for this relationship to stay committed to this relationship and that is what you are going to do.

He then suddenly asks ,"Is someone thinking overtime again?" A small smile forms on my face and I say ," Just thinking about everything you know?"

He then asks ,"Everything?" I nod and say ,"Yes, with Warren. He seemed decent but fate has a twisted mind of bringing us back together. How uncomfortable that bed was, how my head still hurts, how disgusting the food was I ate. And most of all how much I missed you."

He smiles and says ,"Yes, fate has a twisted mind. But if I could I would seriously kick fates ass for putting you in a coma. I was worried sick that you were never going to wake up but I prayed as I always do for God to spare you another day. And I know you don't like hospitals I mean who does, nobody. Hospital food might be the most disgusting thing ever created curse those people for creating it. I missed you being you because seeing you lay there motionless just your chest moving up and down from breathing killed me inside. Now I got you back so I am grateful to God."

I smile and shake my head and say ,"I missed us being like old times. I know we'll never be as before but we will come out stronger. I also prayed every day for God to bring you back to me and here you are. But at first I didn't know what to do when you showed up. All my defense mechanisms were up. But when Melanie talked to me I realized it was time to end the war and make peace."

He than says ,"You know how hard it was, fighting a war with my mind? Thinking why the fuck I never told you. Why it ate me up more and more everyday. Thinking I would never see you again. But I can't thank this random university dorm roommate selection system enough because it brought us to back together..." he pauses for a second.

I than interrupt him and say ," I would've found you some why or another because I would never have given up the search because I realized something just now. I was looking at my promise ring earlier... the one you gave me, the one I never took off. I remember the day we made a promise to never give up on us, to never stop fighting..."

We stop at our university dorm. Just as I get out of the car I stumble and fall onto the ground. Aaron rushes to me and asks ,"Are you okay, Casey?" I look at him with tears in my eyes and say ,"No, I am pathetic." He picks me up off the ground and says ,"No you are not."

I look at him with a single tear streaming down my left cheek and say ,"Yes I am. I can't even get out of the car without falling."
He then says ,"The doctor said you are gonna be unstable for about two days. So just calm down you are not pathetic. You are a strong woman who made it through a lot of pain. Caused by me, by other sick minded people who thank God I didn't kill, not all the way. But here you stand woken up from a coma. Reminded that you are here on this earth for a purpose, that God chose for you. You are one of his many soldiers put through tough battles but you are one of the few who succeeded to win the battle. I love you and no matter what I am not leaving. Not again. Not this time."

I hug him and kiss him for the first time in almost a year and a half. He looks at me with surprise and love all bundled up in one look.

I then say ,"I love you too."

He then says ," I have a surprise for you I think you might like waiting in the dorm room. Wanna see it?"

I then say ,"Absolutely but can you hold me to keep me from falling when we walk to our dorm room?" He smiles and says ,"Of course I will my baby..."

We get inside the dorm room... and its amazing to let it feel like old times. Us together with him by my side. It is completely insane to feel this safe with someone. You feel this loved by someone. To have him by my side makes my world whole again and I can't imagine my life without him...

Again!

As we sit on the bed I ask," Can I ask you something?" He smiles and says," Anything baby." I smile at him calling me that. I than ask ," Will you hold my hand and never let me go because I am tired of being alone? My life without you was agony, sadness, emptiness... "

He takes my hand and says ,"I wasn't planning on going anywhere because I am never letting an angel like you fly away ever again."

He softly touches my cheek. I lean into his hand and feel the warmth of his touch. He slowly leans in for a kiss. As soon as his lips crash into mine I can feel with all the passion and love and security he is kissing me. I know now he won't ever leave.

He gives me a small box and says ,"Open it." I smile and open it... and in the box is a ring. I than say ,"It's beautiful." He smiles and says ,"Yeah I know. And it might be a little early but I have wanted to do this for a long time. Since the day I met you I have wanted to do this. You are amazing, beautiful, talented, sarcastic, funny, sweet, kind, loveable. You are amazing in each way possible. I know we are only 19 and the year is almost passed. I couldn't wait for Christmas. This is my gift to you Casey. I have already got you father blessing..."

He is quiet for a few seconds. I can't believe it." He than continues,"This is my way of showing I will never leave. That I want to stay by your side forever. That I need you in my life. To love me, help me, motivate me. You make me feel happy, loved and important that's all I ever dreamed of. Yet you give me so much more."

I touch his hand and say ,"Yes, Aaron. You don't even have to ask. I will marry you." His smile is bigger than the day we said I love you to each other for the first time. To get a smile bigger than that I thought was impossible. Yet here we are.

He than says ,"I love you and I will never let you go. That I promise. You gave me the honor of letting me marry you. That is beyond amazing."

I than say ,"Yes I know. It's almost unbelievable. I love you too."

I am getting married to Aaron King. A dream come true!