Wifey - Chapter 2

Wifey - Chapter 2

A pregnant Sierra opened her apartment door for her sister, Sydney. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "Do you know how much effort it takes for me to get off the couch?"

"Well, hello to you, too. Can I not come visit my big sister?"

"Are you calling me fat?"

"No one is calling you fat. I meant big as in my older sister," she explained. "Why are you so defensive?"

Sierra ignored Sydney's question and went back to the living area and sat on the couch. "Where's Teddy?"

Sydney sat next to her. "Teddy is with mama and daddy, so I figured we could spend some quality time together."

"I don't feel like going anywhere."

"I'm not letting you sit in this apartment and waste away." Sydney looked around and saw the chips and snacks on the coffee table. "It's a pig sty in here. Why are you staying at the apartment?"

"There's issues with the plumbing at the house. This is only temporary."

"I want to take you out. Ethan is worried about you. Let's get a mani-pedi. My treat."

Sierra didn't feel like leaving her apartment but knew that Sydney wasn't going to leave her alone. "I'm not changing my clothes." She felt comfortable in her sweat pants and tank top. She didn't care that her stomach was hanging out.

"Okay."

An hour later, their feet were soaking in warm water. Sydney was in heaven. She closed her eyes and moaned. She tried to pamper herself at least once a week. "Isn't this divine?" she asked Sierra.

Sierra wasn't feeling it. "It's alright."

"Sierra, you are being such a pain. I could be home resting since the baby is gone, but I'm here with you instead. At least, act like you're having a good time. Damn."

Sierra sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm irritated Syd. I went to the doctor yesterday and I haven't dilated. Sammie is refusing to come out."

"Have you been walking?" Sydney asked.

"Every evening."

"Eat spicy food?"

"Had hot wings last night."

"Castor oil?" It was known to induce labor.

Sierra pulled the empty jar out of her bag. "The shit didn't work. This little boy is trying to torture me."

Sydney felt horrible for her sister. "Well, there is one more thing you can try," she proposed. It worked for her. In fact, Teddy was born a month early because of it.

"I'll do anything at this point."

Sydney smirked. "Do Ethan."

"I beg your pardon."

Sydney was trying to be discreet; she didn't want the nail tech to overhear their conversation. "You know," she whispered while wiggling in her chair, "with Ethan."

Sierra was still oblivious. "Just fuckin say it, Syd."

The nail tech sighed. "Sex! You need to fuck to have your baby," she stated in broken English.

Sierra looked at her sister and the nail tech and cursed. "Oh, hell no! Hell no! Do you see how big I am? I'm a whale, and I'm not fucking my husband looking like this."