Epilogue

9 years later //  2nd October

"Jasper don't. Please don't irritate Lil, you know how how she gets. Just leave her alone will you?"

"But she is annoying me."

"The job of a sister is to annoy sometimes okay. Doesn't mean that you'll irritate her so badly that she has to call me up and complain."

"Okay. Bye." Jasper hung up.

Oh lordHarry sighed.

Even though he has to put up with these terrible shenanigans everyday, he loves them and would do anything for their happiness.
He still remembered when he first came to their house after their fathers death.
They were so rowdy and unwelcoming that Harry thought that he would not be able to survive at all.
Kevin was eleven, now he's twenty.  Jasper was six, now he's fifteen.
Lilly was just two, now she's eleven.

At first it was terrifying. Everything was new, the kids thought that he was going to marry their mother and it Kevin months if not years to get fully convinced that he wasn't going to marry Clair. He was just helping his mother because she was ill.
Her death came and went quickly, she didn't suffer much and the children were prepared, it wasn't like a shock as when their father Nick died.

Now after all these years, Harry likes  to think that everything has settled down, and they live quite a good lifestyle.
Kevin is in university, studying law.
Jasper sings very well and runs a moderately successful YouTube channel and sometimes they sing together for his channel.
Lilly is in that stage where she wants everything to be always about her, and harry has no problems in showering her with compliments and adoring her.

-

"Yes, I want all the flowers that I selected to be delivered on Friday on this address. Not sooner, not later. Okay?" He gave them his card.

"Yes Sir. Anything else?"

"No. That'll be all, thank you."

"Okay sir."

Harry paid half the amount as an advance payment and left the shop.

~

Louis was in the cab when he spotted the flower boutique. "Stop for a minute please. I'll be back."
Louis knew that if he went to visit his mother-in-law without a bouquet he might as well sign his own death certificate.
Just as he was about to enter the door opened.

~

Both stood there, on the pavement for as long as they could remember.
Harry spoke first,
"Louis.. How have you been? Its been a long time..."

"Yes. A long long time for sure. I'm fine, I guess. You?"

"I'm good, yes. I was surprised when I heard you left your father's company."

"Yes, I did. I did leave."

"How's Niall? Your parents? "

"Niall's getting married soon. Mums fine, dad's same as before."

"Oh! That's wonderful, please congratulate him from my side."

Louis smiled. His heart was beating so loud that he was sure he would faint.

Harry couldn't believe it was Louis standing in front of him.

There was so much left unsaid, there were so many questions hanging in the air, enveloping them but neither knew what to do about it.
Too much time had passed by for them to do anything. And both of them were scared.

Harry phone ringed, he check the caller-id. It was work.
"Umm.. I'm sorry. But, I've got to-" he didn't know how to complete the sentence.
I meet him after all these years and all I can tell is 'I've got to go' ?
Harry winced.

"No, its okay. I understand, even I have somewhere to be."

"Oh okay."

"Harry..?"

"Yes?"

"Can i- I mean, can we.. Uff! This is harder that I ever thought it would be. Can we talk? Sometime when we both are free?"

Harry smiled, he knew his eyes were glistening.
"Yes. Yes, of course. We could. We will. Here, take my number. Text me later okay? I would really like to talk."

Louis noted his number and smiled a small smile again. "Plus, you look like a princess. I'm not even joking."

Harry laughed a lough laugh, "Umm, I'll take that as a compliment. Over the years my dressing style has somewhat changed. But thank you."

Louis smiles,

"Goodbye Harry."
"Goodbye Lou."

-