touch

TOUCH

I'm dead, and I've been dead for as long as I can remember.

All I remember is that one day it all became too much, so I went back to my flat. People would always tell me that the world would be better witgout me, so I did just that. And then I remember hearing a knock at my door, and when no one answered, police came in and saw my body, but didn't see me. They didn't hear me either even after all my screams of protest.

It was weird, because I was expecting to see the light, like they say in movies and books, but instead I was still in my flat, staring down at my lifeless body. I was confused and scared, scared that something might happen because I didn't go to the right place, I didn't go anywhere.

After my body was taken out of my flat, a man appeared, and when I say appeared, I mean like just showed up right in front of me, and I knew what he was, and then I knew what I was.

The man told me that I was given another chance. That He understood that it wasn't my fault and that I didn't deserve to leave. It was just hormones and lots of trouble, both things I couldn't control.

So the man told me that I could become human again, under one condition. The man told me that there would be people living here again after it was renovated, and he told me that if one of the were to love me, then they would be able to maybe turn me human. Maybe.

It was a hard process, and he told me that it rarely happens, but all I could do was pray. If I could even pray anymore.

The last thing the man told me was good luck, and that hopefully I will find someone that can love me and someone that can help me to become human again.

There were many kids from the very Uni I went to that stayed in my flat. They were all unaware of what had happened, so whenever I would try to get close to them, they screamed and ran away, voicing to the owner of the building of the second floor flat.

I knew that the man that owned the flat buildings knew I was still there. Things would move around, and he would try not to be scared and he would always mumble, "She can't be here, ghosts aren't real." over and over under his breath.

Many of the inhabitants of my flat didn't believe in ghosts, which I didn't either before this. They all thought that ghosts were out to kill everyone like they did in horror movies, but that wasn't true.

So, after a while, when all of them would run away and not give me a chance, I gave up. There had been a total of five kids who didn't give me another glance before running out the door, so when the sixth came, I would hide, make sure that he couldn't ever see me, no matter how many times I wanted to see him.

All of the other people left, didn't care about me at all. But maybe this boy is different-maybe this boy can help me...

Touch.

+++++

[There is talk of suicide in this story, so if you are not comfortable with that, please stop reading.]

[just a thought here: if you feel suicidal or if you are having a rough time in your life, you can check out the end of chapter eight. it has helped many people (((: ]