Bloody Situations

"Hurry! We have to run!" Mitch yells.

Kara scowls at him, "No, really? We have to run?" She remarks sarcastically.

We are still in the school, the flesh eaters still throwing their bodies at the doors that aren't even fully closed.

One of them, an old, dead man, has gotten his fat head rammed in between the doorway, snarling as rancid blood pours from his useless little brain.

He, or I guess I should say it, snakes a stubby arm through the crack and reaches aimlessly at us. It's fingers are gnarled and they manage to latch onto Lynn's ankle.

She must have not been paying attention before because she gasps, shaking her leg furiously.

"Get off! Get it off me!" She begs quitely.

Shaun, Leo and Mitch are to busy trying to hold back the doors, so it's up to me and Kara.

I act first.

Dropping my duffle bag, I dig out my kitchen knife. I slice off the flesh eater's arm just before he reaches his other inside, grabbing Lynn's other ankle.

She kicks furiously, but only manages to knock herself to the ground. She slides easily on the tiled floor, the zombie pulling her closer.

"Stop! Get off!" She says, alarm in her voice.

She digs her heels into the ground and looks at me and Kara.

We hesitate for a second, but Kara ends up grabbing Lynn's shoulders, causing the flesh eater more work. I lunge for it's other arm and plunge my knife into the decayed flesh.

Even though it's lost two limbs, it doesn't back down. After all, when it's night, almost nothing stops the flesh eaters.

I glance at Leo, Mitch and Shaun. They've almost got the door shut, the zombie being their only obstacle.

I crawl over to the creature and it snaps it's jaws, sprinkling drool all over the floor.

"Um, that's gross." I say.

"Just get the damn thing out of the doorway." Mitch instructs.

I slide my tongue over my teeth and brace myself. I then count to three.

"One," I whisper, "Two."

"Oh my god! Hurry up!" Mitch snaps.

I clench my fists, "Three,"

I drive my heel into the monster's forehead, sending it sprawling backwards into the street.

The guys shut the doors with a thud.

"Finally," Leo sighs.

"That was fun." Shaun smirks.

We all sort of just sit there, looking at each other. It takes a full five minutes before we realize that Lynn is gone.

"Lynn! Where are you! Lynn!" Shaun is frantic, sprinting down hallways and bounding up stairs.

Lynn was so quiet. We didn't realize she left. She didn't even leave a hint; a tiny clue to where she was. Is she hurt? Scared? Bored? Tired? She didn't give us the slightest idea.

"Shaun, Shaun! Stop...Shaun!" Leo calls after him. He's run down into the boiler room, weaving through the furnaces and air conditioners.

Mitch and Kara split up and are supposed to be searching the second story of the school. Me, Leo and shaun scour the first level.

"Lynn! Where are you?" Shaun's footsteps echo like gunshots.

The school is only two stories high, but it might as well be a billion. Lynn could be anywhere.