Mind Games

(A/N) hey everyone!! I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating for like a month omg.

Is as busy with school and life and all that stuff lol. But I'm back now!

Oh, and this is gonna be he second last chapter, okay? Shattered Souls (The prequel) will be out once Broken Silence reaches 1k votes. And I know that's super selfish, but I just want more people to read my books and enjoy them! So tell your friends and help me get it out there, and I'll dedicate chapters to people.

I'm sorry for everything guys, ily all! Thank you so much for getting Broken Silence over a hundred more votes since I was gone!

Thank you for everything!!!!

Enjoy...

~Brooke

I can't breath. My lungs burn with a flaming, horrid pain. I'm drowning in my mind.

My throat is clogged with a rancid, sticky liquid. It tastes as vile as the spray of a skunk.

A cold, metal gun is being jabbed into the back of my head, cutting open the skin a bit. Revealing what's inside of me.

My hands are tied with a scratchy, coarse rope. It eats away at my wrists, slicing and slicing.

The moon is out, full and bright. It's the colour of a rotten pumpkin, orange and speckled. It stares at me, mocking me.

Flesh eaters roam around us, pacing back and forth, bumping into each other. But they don't come near is, no, they keep their distance. I mean, I would to if I saw four people about to blow each other's heads off in a barn.

Mitch stands behind me, and I know it's him. I know it because of the way his breath comes out, slow and ragged. I know it because the gun wavers slightly on my head. I know it because he speaks.

"You liar," he says, his voice catching, "You don't love me. You never did."

I run my tongue over my teeth, "Of course I loved you, Mitch."

"No. You killed the roses. You destroyed the one that couldn't be destroyed, you destroyed me," he spits.

"It wasn't me. Snake Eyes, the Captain of the Contaminators. He did it. He also injected me with some Zombiefied Morphine. Although, I don't know how morphine could kill someone, isn't it supposed to reduce pain?"

He doesn't answer. He only clicks the gun. I'm spun around to face Kara. She's being held by...by Snake Eyes?

"What the hell!" I scream.

"Didn't expect t'see me here, did'ja?" He smirks.

Son of a...

"Cassie," Kara says, staring me right in the eye, "Get out of here. Now."

"How do you expect me to do that?" I ask, my voice rising.

"No need to yell, darlin'. You'll just attract them ole' zombies." Snake Eyes says, boredly.

He pushes Kara to the ground roughly. She cries out but quiets when Snake Eyes clicks a gun and aims at her head.

"You. Shut up." He spits.

I try to run to her, but Mitch holds me back.

"Let me go!" I shriek, "Mitch!"

"You...lied. Lied." He breaths, "You don't love me! You lied! It wasn't The Captain!"

"No, no, Mitch! I swear! Please! I would nev-"

A gun goes off. Mitch's. It leaves his awful ringing noise in the air. The barn walls shiver and the flesh eaters falter. A body slumps to the ground, dead. Not me. Oh god, not me. It wasn't me. Then who...who was it?