The Captain

"Hello! Hello!" The man called Cap booms, "Don't be shy, now! I ain't gonna bite'cha!"

I'm shaking like a nervous chihuahua, tremors racking my body. I bite my lip as I stare worriedly into the room where I just watched a murder take place. The girl, Megan, is still slumped dead in a puddle of blood.

I take a cautious step backwards and about three of the Contaminators stand up and scowl at me.

"Hey, c'mon now! Get back in here!" The Cap shouts, a smirk crawling across his stubbly face. His eyes sparkle with an evil so unbearable that it makes me weak.

They are so green, greener than Shaun's. They shimmer with anticipation and malice. Like the eyes of a hungry snake.

Snake eyes. I think, Definitely suits him.

"Kid, get in'ere!" Calls the Cap/Snake eyes.

I hesitate, but swallow and enter the room. The door is slammed shut behind me and a swear I jump three feet in the air.

Snake Eyes lets out a rueful laugh. "There we go! No need to be shy!" He grins.

"There's room fer ere'body!" Shouts an old, crippling man in the corner. His hair sticks out in a billion directions, kinda like a withered Albert Einstien.

"Very true, very true!" Snake Eyes says, walking towards me, "everyone is welcome."

I nod slowly, unsure of what to do. I can't run. I can't hide. I'm trapped.

I look up at Snake Eyes just as he re-sheaths his sword-like thing.

"Take the body and feed the Lords," Snake Eyes instructs.

And I'm confused, is he talking about me? What are the 'Lords?'

I clench my teeth as I watch the straggly Albert Einstein stand up and grab on to Megan's dead body. A young woman with dyed blue hair that's styled into a buzz cut aids the Einstein man and they carefully throw the lifeless body out the window.

Snake Eyes turns to me, curiously scratching at his dark goatee.

"Hmm." He thinks, "What to do with ya?"

I'm shaking, defiantly shaking. But I try to keep my fear inside. I don't want him to be able to use anything against me.

"Test her!" An middle aged woman shouts from the far end of the room.

"Test her?" Repeats Snake Eyes, "No, no! Not yet..."

"Question her!" Pipes up a young guy with a shaved head.

"Hmm, yeah! Great idea Milton!" Snake Eyes chuckles. Hen he turns to me.

"What's your name, darlin'?" He asks, his eyes gleaming.

I can't tell him the truth, that would be stupid. "Abigail." I blurt instead, "Abby for short."

Snake Eyes snorts a bit, "Well, Miss Abigail Abby for short, what is such a fine young lady doin' in the midst of this here apocalypse?"

I look down and shuffle my feet, "I dunno. I'm kinda lost," I say quitly.

"Lost? Where'ya supposed to be?" Calls the Old Einstien.

I look up at the old man, meeting his eyes. Cold, angry, heartless. The exact opposite of what a grandpa-like figure should be.

"Hey, hey! Lemme do tha talkin'!" Snake Eyes scolds, turning away from me.

Einstein just scowls, averting his gaze.

Weird how everyone just listens to Snake Eyes. He must be the leader or something.