Just Listen

Picture to the right is Emily-------------------->

Ally

He was the judge, they were the jury, and I was the victim. The extremely nervous victim. I thought I was nervous when I was just talking to Luke? Yeah, right, I had just been notified by said boy, that the amount of people in his pack rivalled the population of a large city. Like Toronto. Or Montreal. Not Tokyo though, when I asked that, he said, and I quote 'I said the population of a city, not a country'. Well it sucks to be him then, because Tokyo was beautiful. I told him that, and of course, his response was the ever so cheesy 'you're beautiful'.

I would like to say that such a cheesy line did not make me blush.

That would be a lie.

The pack house itself seemed to have been created large enough to fit every family that seemed to reside in the territory. Luke had mentioned that the entire pack was divided into five sub packs, having originally been separate packs. His grandfather had taken possession of two extra territories, once rogues had killed their alphas.

Then, his father, once Alpha, protected the fourth pack from the hunters -which Luke had explained were people with major wolf-issues- and once the Alpha of that pack had stepped down with no heirs, he turned the pack to Luke's father. Now, Luke had been Alpha for technically eight years, since his father died when he was thirteen, but his father's Beta had taken over the pack until Luke reached sixteen and gained control.

Luke explained that the fifth pack he had gained had crossed his territory as rogues, and although he hated rogues with a passion, these ones meant no harm. The thirty four pack members had fled a violent Alpha from the south, and navigated up, having heard of a united pack where they hoped they could remain. He said he was hesitant, but they had children, and he couldn't turn away children.

Plus, his sister had found her mate in the rogue pack, and threatened to leave the pack if Luke didn't accept them.

Each of the five packs, excluding the one under Luke's direct control, were headed by 'semi-alphas' as Luke called them. They ran the packs, he ran them. It was the safest way for him to control such a widespread territory.

He packed so much knowledge into my head that once we had reached the huge double doors of the pack house, I felt like I already had a migraine.

"It might be a little loud, I haven't been home in a while, so be prepared for a headache." He smiled sympathetically.

Oh.

Great.

He grabbed the knob of the front doors, and gave them a firm shove open, stepping forward with a light hand around my waist.

All at once, everything was like a wave of motion. Bodies scrambled, all shapes and sizes, towards my mate, crying out 'hellos' and latching themselves onto his body.

"It seems like news of my arrival has preceded me," Luke laughed, scooping down to swoop a small giggling boy into his arms. "I'm perfectly fine," I heard him murmur to a tiny grey haired, worried looking lady. She reached maybe up to his shoulder, but she looked like she was a very powerful person. Suddenly, as if she sensed my eyes on her, she met my gaze and smiled.

"Who is this beautiful young lady, Luke?" She asked stepping forward to pull him from the crowd of talking people and stepping towards me. She sent his a smug look, and I wasn't so sure if she was asking for her benefit, or for his.

"This is Ally," he answered, his voice echoing over the curious murmurs of people who had all diverted their attention to me. "And she is my mate."