Chapter Five

*Angel*

"Tell me what I want to know," I snapped glaring at the idiot in front of me. "I know you know something about the BRK Jonah."

"Why do you care?" He grumbled drinking his beer, "It not like you'll do anything your a f*cking cop who can't do anything without daddy coming to save you."

"Bad choice of words," I smirked grabbing the back of his head slamming it onto the table. "For your information I haven't spoken to or seen my father in years, because my family hates me. Now, I'm giving you one last chance what does the underworld know?"

"Let go," he begged as I released his head. "BRK is going after for girls that look like his b*tch. She broke up with him then disappeared when he spoke to her, that's all I know."

"Now was that so hard," I smiled tossing him some money. "Next rounds on me, have a good afternoon Jonah."

"Whatever you psycho b*tch," he muttered as I walked off.

*Jack*

"Still no answer," I said walking into the office with Luke.

"No," he said. "Her boss has been calling me though asking for her."

"Track her number," I said sitting at my desk looking at the file I asked for the other day. "You should find her if it's on."

"Good idea," he nodded turning on his computer. "She's in the building."

"What?" I asked locking the file in my desk.

"She's here," Luke said typing. "Looks like she's in the gym, I'm going to see if shes there."

"What for me," I said following him to the elevator going up to the top floor where the café, indoor shooting range and gym where at.

"Where is everyone?" Luke mumbled when we got off the elevator, "Everytime I come up here there's always people here."

"Stupid. Son. Of. A. Bitch." Someone was yelling followed by the sound of something being over and over. Walking over to the punching dummies I saw Angel hitting one with a lot of strength.

"Damn," Luke whistled from behind her and she turned grabbed his shoulder tossed him to the ground and had one foot between his shoulder blades. "Ow!"

I chuckled walking over to him only to be stopped by something grabbing my pants leg. Cursing under my breath I watched the the dog growl before he jerked his head to the side pulling me to the ground.

"Pax liberación (Pax release)," Angel said and the dog backed off jogging up to her. "Abajo, buen chico. (Down, good boy)"

"I think you dislocated my shoulder," Luke whined.

"Stop being a baby," she huffed. "What're you doing here?"

"We work here and you've been missing for a week," I said getting to my feet. "That your mutt?"

  "He's not a mutt," Angel growled glaring at me. "His name is Pax and he's my partner. Also. I've been busy this past week helping some other people with cases they're working on."

"Your boss has been asking for you," Luke said.

"I spoke to him this morning," she said. "I'll meet you guys downstairs after I shower."

"What about the dog?" I asked staring down at him.

"He'll follow me to the showers," Angel shrugged. "Give me ten minutes and I'll be down there."

"Okay," Luke said pulling me after him. "Is it just me or did she seem different?"

"How should I know what she seems like?" I grumbled by agreeing with him. "You can figure it out later after we catch BRK."

"Yeah," he nodded stopping in the doorway to the office. "What's that?"

"A box," I growled shoving him out of the way. "It's addressed to Angel."

"What's addressed to me?" Someone said just as a dog started growing, "Pax shush. When did that get here?"

"No idea," Luke shrugged and I sat on the corner of my desk as Angel walked over to the box to open it.

"Son of a bitch," Angel cursed dropping what was in the box. "You have got to be kidding me."

I stared down at the bouquet of black roses

"Time for you to join the hunt, Agent Savage. P.S. Hope your sister is doing well." Luke said reading a card, "The hell is wrong with this guy.

"Damn it," Angel cursed pulling out her phone.

"Who are you calling?" Luke asked but whoever Angel called answered the phone.

"Tío, Gina podría estar en problemas. ¿Se puede mantener un ojo en ella? No, no estoy Goug llamar a papá o mamá Si no puedes, entonces voy a llamar abuelo. (Uncle, Gina might be in trouble. Can you keep an eye on her? No I'm not goug to call daddy or mama If you can't then I'll call grandpa)."

"This can't be happening again," she muttered after she hung up.

"Angel, are you alright?" Luke asked.

"I'm fine," she sighed glancing at her watch. "Find out where those flowers came from and I'll talk to you later I have something I need to do."

"What just happened?" Luke asked.

"Find out about the flowers," I said grabbing my keys out of my desk. "I'm going after her before she does something stupid."

"Be careful," Luke yelled as I ran after Angel.