ParaDox

"My name is Red River." said the boy.

"Andy Fritz." I said weakly.

"Glory." Red said as he saw me "Are you ill or something? "

"He's feeling under the weather." Tyson replied "Do you know where a doctor is?"

Red stood silent, deep in thought and then he said "Yes, follow me."

Red led us away from the dock and into town. As we walked through the town I noticed that there were many people staring at Red, was Red strange to them? I began to feel even more weaker as we took one step after the other.

Red looked at me and asked "Are you sure you can still carry on?"  I began to notice that Reds voice was void of all emotions except sadness.

"I'm fine, are you?" I replied.

Red looked at me with his unfocused sad eyes and replied "I am fine. Why do you ask?"

"*cough cough* you seem sad and preoccupied about something*wheeze*" I said using way more strength than I had wanted.

" We need to hurry." Red and Tyson said.

We picked up our pace slightly and Red guided us to what appeared to be a hospital of sorts. The wooded door was heavily battered by rain and wind and the stone walls seemed somewhat eroded as well. Moss and vines also seemed to have grown on the wall.

We went inside to see people with purple marks across their bodies laying around in pain. There were "doctors" going around and using some sort of magic to remove the purple marks.

"Red River what brings you here?" one of the doctors asked.

"This boy has been infected with the Empty, I've haven't seen a case like his." Red replied.

The doctor looked at me and then he exclaimed 'glory hallelujah!' I was then rushed to a vacant spot and three doctors surrounded me. I felt one of them lift up my shirt and I saw a purple streak across my stomach reaching from my waist to my heart. The purple streak was glowing a strange glow that seemed to consume any light that dared to shine on it. I was at the point where I was about to faint, I can barely remember what the doctors did. What I remember was all three of them holding out their left hand and they all said something I couldn't hear and then I remember silence and darkness.

When I awoke the moon was glaring at me through a hole in the wall. It was night. I got up and noticed that I was no longer in pain. I put my shirt back on and went to greet Tyson who was talking with two other people.

"Andy, I haven't seen you since you left the Keepers." Recon said.

"Hey Recon, how are the others?" I asked.

"Fine, most are still angry at Link." he replied.

"Hey Pikagirl." I said, greetings the leader of the Pika Pals Guild.

"Hello Andy." Pikagirl said "umm hey, have you seen Wilde recently?"

"No." I replied.

"Yes." Tyson replied " I've seen her at the town Andy and I were at before here, Clive was the name. Why do you ask?"

" The guild hasn't seen her in quite some time, some of us have gotten worried."

As the three were continuing on with their conversation I looked for Red and saw him in the corner of the room, just sitting there. I walked over to him and then I noticed that he seemed asleep, his eyes were closed but he was mumbling something.

"Dawn comes to banish the night
Dusk comes to banish the day
Midday arrives and all is hidden
Midnight arrives and all is revealed
Like madness and pride they clash
With silence and death they fall."

After the last line he woke up.

" Oh Mr Fritz you are feeling better I see." Red said.

"Yes I do." I replied " What happened?"

"You were infected by the Empty, how I do not know considering you are not native to this land. Unless......"

"Unless what?" I asked.

"Andy Andrews Fritz, I believe that you are the Dark Lord and that you have spoken to the ParaDox siblings, Para and Dox."