what lies beneath

I stared at Red I'm surprise. I asked him how he knew that I was the Dark Lord and he replied that the Empty target the rulers of Light and Dark. He also said that the ruler of Light has yet to be chosen so as of right now there exists only the Dark Lord.

" The goal of the Empty is to reawaken the Void so they can throw all of existence into pure chaos. The only thing I do not understand is how are the Empty attacking in such strong forms?" Red asked himself and then his eyes looked up "Is it possible that you are a Keeper?"

" I'm taking a leave of absence right now, but yes I'm a Keeper." I replied, not wondering how he knew of the Keepers.

"Herobrine has returned and he is trying to corrupt all realms of existence. Still.....I find it strange. How can his influence reach out here? Far beyond Minecraft?" Red asked himself.

Red them began to mumble something to himself. I heard something about night and something about spys. After a few minutes he looked at me and asked if I trusted all of the Keepers. I told him I did, even Link. Red then once looked down at his feet and mumbled even more.

"Andy, I got a call from Rey apparently they're asking if we should shorten Links punishment. " Tyson said, walking over to us "I say no, so does Kawaii and Pikagirl."

"It's a no for me as well." I replied.

" Rey, Pikagirl, Andy, and I say no." Tyson said and then he put away his communicater.

" Tyson," Red called as Tyson began to walk back "Do you trust everyone in the Keepers?"

"Aside from that idiot Link, yes I do." Tyson replied and then rejoined Pika and Recon.

" you keep mentioning an idiot named Link, I assume he did something to sever the trust between everyone and him. And in doing so it is tearing you apart. " Red said "To an extent I am able to relate, I was betrayed countless times by the powerful, by the greedy who have not felt the pain of the needy."

I felt something in Reds voice as he said those words. It was sadness mixed with anger and bitterness. Whatever happened in the past has greatly affected him.

" I am sorry." I told Red.

Red stared at me with his sad, unfocused eyes and asked "Do you know what it's like to want to surrender to the enemy? The one who is consuming you from the inside, who is watching with glee as you rip yourself apart with your uncertainty and anger. Please, young Dark Lord, do not let your severed trust consume you. Find someone who you know you can trust and the pain you feel will leave you."

I stared at Red as he finished saying those words. I closed my eyes and thought of Tyson and Kawaii, I felt a war going on between my mind and my heart. My heart won and I felt some pain leaving me as I thought of those two.

When I opened my eyes once more I saw Red sleeping where he was. It was strange, when he was asleep all of the worries and sadness on his face seemed to have disappeared. I was about to walk away when Red once again began to speak asleep.

"The demons lie awake beneath the sea
Their wrath is directed at me
The angels fly above the sky
They only fly me by
Exiled from heaven and hell
I am not well."

The words that flowed out of his mouth were void of all emotion.

Not wanting to disturb Red I went over to the corner Tyson and the others were. When Tyson saw me he saw the worry in my eyes and asked me what was wrong. With relief filling me I told all three of them of my worries. Red helped me through this, because of the betrayal I have been too afraid to ever trust again however to live my life I need to trust. I do not that idiot, I cannot forgive right now as he has given me no reason to trust him. But I will not allow one single betrayal to consume me.