Lost in the waters

The scarecrow stopped singing and looked at me with an expression that seemed as though it could cry at any given moment. Behind the scarecrow was the ocean and in the reflection of the waters was the moon. That one area of white among a literal sea of darkness, the sight albeit a dream was breathtaking.

The waves rolled and clashed, but the moon stayed there as it always will. Then I felt wetness at my side, the ocean was coming for me.

I was swept up by the magnificent waves and was dragged deep below the sea. It was a dream so I was still able to breath down below, however I could not see as no light was strong enough to break through the sea of darkness.

It was a strange feeling what I was feeling then, I felt content. I felt as though I had truly found peace down there where many feared to go. Despite me wanting to stay I knew that there where a lot of things that need to be put to rest before I can rest.

The light from the moon finally broke through the waves and I was able to see what surrounded me. What was around me was the remains of broken scarecrows, straw and cloth was scattered across the ocean floor. The scarecrows themselves looked burned as if they were recently lit ablaze and were then thrown into the sea. I felt sympathy for the scarecrows, I don't know why but I felt sorry for them. They didn't deserve this fate.

"May you forever rest." I whispered to the scarecrows before I resurfaced.

The ocean left me back on top of the mountain, infront of the first scarecrow. He was different now, he too looked torn and burnt, his sign now read something new.

Claimed by the Dark
A forgotten ark
Memories try with all their might
But are forgotten by the Light.

The scarecrow now had tears flowing down his eyes, as if he were weeping about the memories that no one will know.