Scarecrow

Before we headed up the mountain for the journey Red warned us that the trip would take two days to get up the mountain,but there will be a quick way down. He instructed that we all prepare for the trip that was ahead of us.

Pikagirl ran off and Red went somewhere with Recon so it left me with Tyson. We decided that we'd better get our extra clothes from the White Emerald. As we walked towards the dock my communicater began to beep and I answered and it was Crow on the other side.

" Hello?" I asked.

" Andy?" Crow asked.

" Oh,Hello Crow. How's Link doing?"

" That's what I wanted to talk to you about, " Crow said " He tried to escape and so I chased after him but I got into one my fits of madness and now he is heavily bleeding. So Link is in a corner with a lot of blood coming out and he has a very high chance of dying tonight."

I stayed silent and then said "Keep Link alive, he survived worse than that. Nice talking to you Crow."

We both hung up.

When we got to the White Emerald we quickly boarded and got our spare clothes with some water that we had below deck, Accor to Red we shouldn't bring food because that might attract predators. As soon as we gathered what we needed we went back to the center of town where we all agreed we would meet when we were done.

Tyson and I were the first ones there with Red and Recon appearing ten minutes later. The last one we waited on was Pikagirl who arrived five minutes after Red and Recon.

We went over the supplies and then we exited down through the north exit and began our journey to the summit of Mount Blood. When we reached the food of the mountain I saw two scarecrows standing side by side, both of them had pumpkins foe heads and we're smiling at us. The way they had positioned their hands seemed as thought they were trying to stop us from going up the mountain. I noticed the scarecrow on the left had some writing on his torso, writing that was written in black ink.

We stand guard of the home of our master
We lay dormant and rest
Disturb not our master less our wrath
You wish to face

I asked Red what the writing meant.

"There are many legends in which the great God Johnnymaster created these beings who took the forms of scarecrows. The scarecrows themselves could not move until their master permitted it. These scarecrows must be the ones of who guard his shrine, be careful to not disturb the God." Red warned.

With some hesitation we moved up the mountain and encountered no trouble as we reached the halfway point where we would set up our camp.

As I organized the ground to free my space of rocks I could not help but feel as though I was being watched. I looked around to see a raven perched upon the branch of a nearby tree staring at me. The raven made me feel very uneasy thought for what reason I did not know. Finally as dusk began to fall the raven fled as if it was being called by someone or something.

I sighed and decided to push the raven out of mind for now as tomorrow would be the day we reached the summit, when the Empty will finally leave this place.

I began to doze off but then I heard the sounds of footsteps that were nearby. Quietly I woke up and grabbed Shadows Edge and walked towards the sound. What I found was Pikagirl staring silently into the distance.
"Oh Andy, sorry I did not mean to wake you." she said without looking at me.

" What are you doing here?" I asked.

Pikagirl shrugged and said "I came to this island because I heard a rumor that Wilde was here. It was a wild goose hunt, but then I met up with you, Tyson and Recon and then this whole Empty business.....why are you here Andy?"

I was a bit hesitant to answer her. I told her that Tyson and I came here because I got sick and this island was the closest island that we happened to be near. I asked her if she knew why Recon was here and she said that he came with her.

After our conversation I went back to where I was sleeping and found a black feather laying where I was. I picked it up and saw that it belonged to a raven. I sighed and laid down and drifted off to sleep.

I stood atop a mountain facing one lone scarecrow. For some strange reason I was able to see pain in the scarecrows eyes, as if the scarecrow had lived an eternal life of suffering. Then the scarecrow began to sing a haunting lullaby.

In the dark that night of strife
We were given new life
We were trapped by fear
We were trapped here
One long night
We longed to see the light
What is this pain
Our shells lay with life of drain
Blazes purge what has stolen us
This is a secret to remain hush
Claimed by the Dark.

The scarecrow stopped singing and looked at me. The scarecrow looked as though it could cry at any given moment.