One...

Francheska Troven

I continued watching Aegean, it made me smile to see the heir of of the Alpha King running around. As a child, being unknown to the happenings in the real world. How I wish, just like him I don't have to care about mates because I'm still too young to care about such things.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a small demanding voice called out, "Aunty Cheska!"

"Ye-yes baby Aegean?" I asked smiling a little.

I was startled to think at a young age his Alpha tone is that powerful already.

He frowned, "I'm not a baby anymore aunty, so stop please." He snapped. "But why were you staring off? You look like you were hypnotized."

When I opened my mouth to answer his question, I felt a presence behind me. So I turned slightly just to see Selena frowning at her son so with hands on her hips.

"Well little Alpha, mind your tone! You're still talking to aunty Francheska who is older than you." She scolded the young boy.

Instead of apologizing, the child rolled his eyes, "I didn't do anything wrong mommy. I was just telling her not to call me baby." He grumbled.

Selena was about to say something when Thaddeus wrapped his arms around her waist, "Stop scolding him, he's just a child." He whispered.

I heard it anyway due to werewolf hearing, it made me roll my eyes.

She glared at him, "Oh, don't scold Aegean since he's just a child! That's the very reason why he's got that attitude. Taking after your arrogance and by spoiling him, your making it worse." She sighed loudly, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

Aegean jumped at his father's arms laughing, and I noticed the frown on my best friend's face was replaced by a small smile. I felt something stir in my chest at the scene before me, and i realized immediately what it was.

Jealousy

Feeling my chest tightened at the pain that continued to my heart, thinking about all the things that I could have if the two of us were still fine

If the two of us were still one piece.

Suddenly, I felt a hand over mine, "Aunty, why are you crying?" Aegean asked, his wide innocent eyes staring at me.

I reached my face to touch my cheeks, and he was right. I'm really crying since I can feel the wetness of my face due to the tears that came from my eyes.

Selena and Thaddeus has stopped their childish argument and looked at me worriedly.

"Thadd, why don't you take Aegean inside? I baked some chocolate chip cookies and chocolate moist cake for the two of you." She gave him a look as if trying to give him a silent message.

"Yay!" Aegean shouted jumping up and down giving his father an anticipated look.

The Alpha King just gave a nod and grabbed his son, walking hand in hand with him towards the castle.

Selena sat beside me, "Three years have passed France, and yet there is still no progress." She sighed.

I shook my head as an answer, but I uttered no word.

She sighed again, "Come on Francheska, the two of you had more solid bond than Thaddeus and I. But suddenly things between you changed and I'm sure it's not just because you came with me coming back to our old pack."

"Sel, yes you're right and it's not just about that. But can you just let me keep it this way, you know a secret, for the mean time? I'm not ready yet to tell you everything that happened with me and Rovan. It's better if it remained between the two of us." I answered quietly, but with pleading in his eyes.