Epilogue...

Rovan Owen
After five years of no contact with anyone from the pack, I did not expect a letter to arrive stating it came from Thaddeus. It has been too long and I expected for people to have forgotten about me.

Ex-Beta Rovan,

I know you did not expect any letter to come from us. After all, it has been too long. Though do remember you are still the man I see as a brother, and with all you have done for me, I am thankful. I hope you are in good health and always have been in good health when you are reading this.

The reason I wanted to reach out, is because my mate, Selena, has given birth to our second son. Which cause such excitement from the whole pack. You are Aegean's godfather, and I hope once again you will accept to be Hephaistion' s godfather too. I know you do not wish to return to the pack so soon, but I am still hopeful you will accept.

If it is not too much to ask, please come visit the pack next week when the ceremony is to be done.

Sincerely yours,
Thaddeus Dalton

After I finished reading, I smiled. It is quite nice to hear that they are doing well, and for Thaddeus to have a second son is a great blessing from the Moon goddess. And for me to be the godfather again of his second son, a great honor that I cannot deny.

The question though: am I ready to return?

I walked towards my desk and pulled the drawer that contains letters that I've never replied to.

Letters that came from Francheska, the once mate of mine.

I do not wish to reply and say yes I am coming and then all of a sudden I back out the moment I see her. I have lost every feelings I had for her, the moment my wolf has left me. I realized that I once loved her, but what truly left me tied to her was my wolf.

"Rovan, is everything all right?"

I turned around and saw Valente giving me a questioning look. He's a friend of mine that I met when I was all alone in a bar trying to cope with losing my wolf. After a few days, I discovered that he's a vampire.

"Yes, I just received a letter from Thaddeus. Telling me that Selena gave birth to a son and they made me his godfather. They... invited me to go back and visit the pack."

"When are you leaving then?" He asks while grabbing a drink from the fridge.

I looked at him confuse, "When did I say I was going to go?"

Valente sighed, "Rovan... it's been years. Thaddeus reached out, it means he really wants to you to visit them." Putting down his drink, he continued. "Don't you think it is time?"

I turned around and started walking back to the room, "Rovan where are you going?"

Turning back, "Writing my reply. You are right, it is time for me to go home."

Looking surprised he smiled, "good."

"You're coming with me Valente."

I heard him choke as I closed my door, "WHAT?!"

Francheska Troven

"Francheska."

As I stopped what I was doing, I turned to look at Selena who is with her newborn son.

"He is coming back."

Those words made me suck my breath, after a few seconds I let it out and closed my eyes.

"Then I will welcome him the same way a pack member would Selena."

She looked at me worriedly, "Will you be okay?"

I smiled, "Why won't I be fine? Both of us have moved on."

After replying, I turned to look out the window and their my husband is chasing our laughing twins. That eased my worries as I feel the warmth spread inside me.

She smiled sadly, "True, you and Mikos have been happy for three years now. I'm sorry for asking you something stupid."

Shaking my head, "No it is a question worth asking me. We caused all the pack so much worries five years ago. All of you have the right to ask."

Then all of a sudden the horn blew, signaling of someone entering the pack.

Someone very important.

"Come Luna Selena, we have a Beta to welcome home."

Both of us went out of the house, I went to greet my husband and he held my hand as my daughter held his other hand, my son held my other. All for us went to the gate to greet him. The man I once loved, once I called my fated mate.

There he stood conversing with Thaddeus as the Alpha is very happy to see the man who he calls his brother. Then he turned his head, our eyes lock on each other.

Approaching him I smiled hesitantly, "Hello Rovan, it has been a long time. Welcome home."

Prepared to be ignored, I tightened my hold of Mikos's hand and I feel it tighten as reassurance.

Then he smiled, the smile that I once cherished and loved. Once I mourned after losing it.

"Hello Francheska, it truly has been a long time. Glad to be home."