Eight...

Rovan Owen

For the past time that I have been out of it, it feels like I'm floating freely yet with nothing to hear nor see. But I also felt trapped because I don't know what is happening around me and all I can do is allow myself to float in this darkness.

Until one day, a woman appeared in front of me. Her eyes held wickedness and yet her face shows sadness.

"Hello Rovan Owen." She greeted with a small smile.

I didn't greet back, even though that is a rude thing to do. The moment I saw her, I felt suspicious that suddenly she can talk to me when everything was black. At first I thought she was the moon goddess but she looked entirely different so I know I have to be cautious of this woman.

I cleared my throat, "May I ask who might you be?"

"I am Oscudis, also the mother of your moon goddess."

I stared at her, why the hell someone like her suddenly shows up? First the moon goddess now her mother?!

"What do you want from me?" I snapped.

I'm tired of being polite to people I don't know and without understanding anything.

But what shocked me is she smiled so sweetly, "Oh I don't want anything from you, but I can give you something that you want or desire."

That made swallow hard, what I wanted and desired?

There's a lot that I want, first I want to return back to time and stop her from going.

Or at least for my child to be alive.

"Oh I know how much you want those." She chided.

When I realized she was reading my mind I paled, that's not good. She'll easily try to manipulate me, she will use my own fears against me.

Suddenly she was in front of me, she placed a hand to each side of my cheek and leaned to my right ear.

"But what you really want to is to forget all the pain, the pain of your mate lying to you, losing your pup and knowing at the same time that even if you want her so much you cannot, because the betrayal is too deep." She cooed.

Her voice awakened every bad memory in me.

"Francheska, I love you." I whispered to her ear sleepily.

She giggled, "I love you too Rovan."

I smiled before dozing off.

Next

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?!"

"Because I know you wouldn't allow me to go!"

"Yes, but because of that, you lost our child!"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She sobbed.

I ran out of  the room feeling the pain.

Then the next one flashed

"Rovan please open the door and talk to me." She begged while banging on the door.

I leaned my head at the door behind me and slid down while shaking my head. What she did was too painful. Tears are falling from my eyes, as she kept babbling apologies.

"Please, I just need my mate." She whispered one last time before going silent.

'I need you too, but seeing you hurts too much because all I could remember is how you lost our child without even telling me we were about to have one before I could even be happy.' I thought. 'But what hurts the most is to know that I didn't stop you completely and a part of it is my fault.'

After that, memories stopped flashing and I realized I am gasping for air.

"Your mate is the cause of all the pain you have felt, and I can take it away in just a snap of my fingers." She offered, "Do you want me too?"

Without saying anything, I nodded.

After that, I lost consciousness again but not before hearing her cackle.

Francheska Troven

I sat beside Rovan's bed just staring at him. I wanted to speak to him, beg him to wake up but then it wouldn't do anything so I just kept quiet.

But after a little bit of thinking, I realized that there are things that have to be said even if the one who's listening Isn't conscious.

"Rovan... I beg you please wake up. I know you're not yet ready to forgive me but that's not important anymore to me. All I want now is for you to just stand up from that bed and continue glaring at me. I know hiding my pregnancy before leaving was not a good decision, no, it was the worse decision I have ever made. No amount of apology will ever lessen the pain of losing our child especially you didn't even get a chance to be happy about it."

I stopped, tears were falling fast so I had to wipe them or I'll go full out sobbing.

Swallowing hard I continued, "But it was painful for me too, I lost our child and it was all my fault. If only I was just careful or if only I stayed, maybe he or she would have been already born and running around mischievously. The guilt has been killing me for three years now, but what I needed the most was you. But I couldn't ask because I know that every time you see me you are reminded of what we lost, the chance of having our own child."

Taking a deep breath I spoke quietly, "What I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for that. I hope someday we would go back to what we used to be and for you to give me the chance to show how much I really love you."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up, there Dashia stood looking down at me with a sad smile.

"I'm sure he will forgive you when he's ready." She encouraged positively.

Not knowing what to say, I just smiled and turned to look at Rovan's sleeping face. It's been so long since the lines were gone from his forehead. I wish he could be always this peaceful but of course I would prefer seeing the lines if he's awake.

"I'll just drink some water."

I grabbed the pitcher and a glass before pouring some water to drink until I heard Dashia gasped behind me that made me drop the glass and turned around right away to see what was wrong.

When I did, I wasn't prepare to see the scene before me.

There laid on the bed was an awake Rovan staring at me with confuse eyes and looking around the room. But the words that came out of my mouth diminished the happiness inside me in an instant.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" He demanded.