Thirteen...

Francheska Troven

I gave him the space that he needs, after all that is all he asked for. All that I'm hoping for is the chance to get to talk to him again or work things out between us.

All I want now is his forgiveness.

"Francheska."

I turned around to see Selena smiling at me, "Yes Sel?"

"I'm going to bake some cookies and cupcakes for Aegean. Can you help? I really need some hands." She asked with a pleading look.

I smiled at her face, "Alright, I'll just change into a more comfortable clothes. I feel hot."

She nodded before I turned away to walk towards my room.

When I walked towards my room, I noticed Rovan talking to someone on the phone looking tense. It almost made me want to approach him and try to give some comfort when I rememberes that I'm suppose to be giving him some space. So reluctantly, I left him alone.

After changing into more casual clothes, I went to the kitchen and saw Selena grabbing some ingredient from the cabinets.

"You know, I never expected that I'll see the day that you will learn how to bake."

She turned around and grinned, "Well, becoming a mother does that to you."

I laughed before wearing a pink apron hanging off a hook.

She started mixing the ingredients for the cookies and instructed me on how to do the cupcakes. I made sure to follow it carefully and handed it the best as I can.

Selena wiped her hands on the apron and took it off, "Well, we just have to wait for it."

I shrugged before taking off my apron.

"You know, sometimes I ask myself, what if things were different. What if I met Thaddeus before he met Rosalina?" She spoke softly as she turned to me.

It startled me how easily she can talk about it, so I swallowed before speaking.

"And do you have an answer to that?"

She shook her head, "No. I tell myself after, 'There's no need for me to wonder, because what's important is the present.' And then I forget about it." She replies with a smile. "Well I'll just go check on Aegean. I'm pretty sure that the little Alpha has already put himself in some trouble within a short time."

After hearing everything she said, it made me think. Is she trying to give me some clues on how to face Rovan, or is she just trying to comfort me?

I wanted to forget what happened. Rovan has no memories of me, and the only chance I have I blew it off by telling him the truth.

Sighing, the apron that I was wearing awhile ago is now on too of the counter. I decided it would be a good idea to step out of the house temporarily and take a deel breath of fresh air.

But seeing Rovan with a frown on his face as he talked through the phone made me think twice.

I decided right away that it's better to walk away before he thinks that I'm watching and listening. Before I could do that he said words that made my heart jump.

"Help me remember.... And find out what happened with my wolf."

Help him... remember?

Who is he even talking to that could help him with the lost memories?

Rovan, what are you up to?

Rovan Owen

I sighed, trying to imagine what could possibly be Thaddeus' reaction when I tell him about going away for a few days. I'm pretty sure that he won't be happy about me neglecting my duties. Especially I have been out for a few days when I was in some deep sleep where I actually lost contact of my wolf.

When I was about to reach the Alpha's office, Francheska suddenly appeared in front of me. Her eyes filled worry as she stared straight into me.

These type of moment was something I wasn't prepared for.

"What do you want?"

She flinched, I realized that the words were spoken coldly. Even if a part of me wants to apologize, the pain is stopping me.

"Rovan, you may hate it but I'm your mate. I tried to give you your time to think but I cannot help but worry." She looked at me pleadingly, "Please, tell me who you were talking to. I can try to help."

Her eyes were full of pain that I almost gave in. But we lost something that cannot be taken back, and the me who has the memories suffered. Do I listen to my brain, or to my heart?

"Francheska... Tell me, why did you leave? I know she was the Luna and your best friend but I'm your mate. Why did you have to come into a decision that resulted into losing our child?"

Her eyes widened, not expecting me to ask such thing.

Deep inside me, there is love only for her. Without the memories of what happened before, only hearing about it from other people makes it hard for me to feel some negative feelings towards her.

Currently, all I want to do is cherish her especially with that pained eyes staring into me.

"I... I love you." She whispered.

My chest tightened at the words, "Then why?"

"At that time all I could think of was helping her. Selena was in so much pain and I couldn't just let her go back all alone. She needed someone, you were fine. A desire to help my friend was what pushed me."

I chuckled bitterly, "In the end I cannot be the first choice in your life huh?"

I don't know where those words came from. But saying it felt so real, there is no lie. Is this my hidden memories speaking base on how I feel?

"You're not the only one who lost a child." She tells me quietly.

Shaking my head I said, "No, you lost the child too. But I never got the chance to even know about it. Even without remembering anything, I understand my pain before."

"I know, losing you and our child will be my greatest regret as long as I live."