Chapter 5

It had been five years now since Hiccup came to live with Toothless. The boy was growing fast....or was it slow. Hard to tell when the hybrid's body stays small but wings and tail grow bigger. Hiccup was able to transform in and out of his dragon mode with ease. He was able to glide to certain parts of the house as well. He would up to places such as the upstairs/balcony and the lofts.

They did go out of the house at certain times. Mostly at night since Hiccup blended in so well. Stormfly and Toothless would teach Hiccup how to fight in both his dragon and human form, but only could do it certain times before the Vikings got suspicious. That caused Hiccup to be trapped in the house a lot.

That certainly did not go unnoticed. Especially by Stormfly. She had become a regular in the of Hiccup and Toothless. Mostly to hang out with the boys or just Hiccup, whenever Toothless was gone.

Stormfly started to notice how Hiccup felt cramped and big in the house. There wasn't enough room to move around for the hybrid. It was as if he was stuck in a cage.

Stormfly decided to bring it up when Hiccup was asleep. And she meant dead sleep. As if nothing can wake you up sleep.

Once Hiccup was out she began to talk to Toothless, "What are you going to do?"

Toothless looked up at her from his mug. "What do you mean?"

"Hiccup" She stated. "You can't keep him locked up in here like a pet"

"He's not a PET" Toothless angrily whispered.

"Well he's not going to reach his full potential being stuck in here all day" She watched Toothless slouch in his chair. Stormfly knew that he was thinking she was right. "I'm not saying you're doing a bad job or anything. But Hiccup need to be out there so he can stretch his wings and learn what it's like to be a real dragon. We can't just take him out once and a while to train. He needs to learn how to be a dragon. A real dragon that's part of him"

Toothless let out a sigh. "It's not like I can find a dragon to teach Hiccup and we can't let him fly around town"

"I know" Stormfly looked at her mug. It was true that the village was becoming suspicious. There wasn't even a talk about a strange dragon-like creature roaming around at night. That was one of the main reasons why that had to stay indoors a lot. "If only there was a place we could go that is safe enough for us to teach Hiccup how to fight and fly."

Toothless sat straight up in his chair. Eyes widen as an idea came to his head. "I know just the place."

Toothless rushed over to Hiccup's/ Cloudjumper's old bed. He pulled out a trunk from underneath it and rummaged through it.

This caused Hiccup to startle awake from the sudden movement of his bed. Looking over, he saw Toothless going through a trunk that happened to belong to the man known as Cloudjumper. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for the map of the upper part of the island" Toothless pushed and pulled out a dozen maps.

"Why?" Hiccup looked at Toothless sleepily.

"Cause we're going to go there to train"

When Toothless looked at Hiccup, the teenage hybrid knew he meant 'we' as in Toothless and Hiccup. "What about the monster that claims to live there?"

"I'm sure it's nothing but a boar or something" Toothless remembered that most of the rumors were from Vikings who hadn't even seen the beast to know what it was.

"And if it's real?" Hiccup was afraid of the answer.

"Then we'll just have to fight it off."

Hiccup groaned as he pushed his face back into the bed while Stormfly silently jumped up from the table. She was very excited to the upper part of the island. She always wanted to go and test her strength. But her parents told her no. But she could just lie them and say that she was going camping with Toothless. They wouldn't mind, they love Toothless and she was pretty sure they were hoping something would happen on that trip. Like a ring or something.