Chapter 6

Another five years had passed and it had been great for Hiccup. He was learning all these different thing from his mother. Every dragon has its secrets his mother would tell him. And boy was she right.

It was funny how the monster in the mountains turned out to be his mother. Apparently Cloudjumper and her were scaring off Vikings would tried to approach their home.

It was a nice afternoon, and Hiccup was taking in the sight of his new home on the upper mountains. The inner caverns that his mother and he used were their new home and safe place from intruders. The lush green forest was perfect for vegetation and fish. The outside was also breathtaking when they could fly around and not have to worry about Vikings attacking them.

Today, Hiccup wanted to explore more of the island areas that were inaccessible to Vikings. Thus, Hiccup was flying off to one of the smaller islands that were on the tall, large sea stacks. It was a nice place to lay down and take a break from all the craziness.

Hiccup was getting comfortable when he heard something in the brush behind him. Hiccup turned around slowly as he got his claws ready. As he turned to the bush, he carefully made his way towards it. As he pushed past a few leaves, did he see something extraordinary.

In the next clearing over, was a hybrid Nadder. It was not just a Nadder hybrid, it was a female Nadder hybrid. She is wearing a red-ish brown wrapped shirt, tan cloth bracers with fur on her arms and a spiked skirt that had fur underneath it. She wears a pouch on her hip and also wears skull emblazoned belt and shoulder pads. Her spiky Nadder tail flowed to the floor and her colorful blue wings clipped to her back. A hood covered her face, but once pealed back it showed a beautiful woman Hiccup had ever scene.

Her face was round and angelic. Her blonde hair was braided and pulled over her shoulder. She wore a leather band around her forehead that made her look like a warrior.

Altogether, Hiccup fell in love. So why did it feel like this was not the first time they met.

Hiccup was about to take a step forward towards the Nadder hybrid when he, stupidly, stepped on a branch. He scrunched his face before looking back at where the female was. He saw that she was nowhere in sight and decided to come out to get a better look.

What surprised him next, was Hiccup falling to the ground with the woman on top of him. Looking up, he saw that the Nadder hybrid had her one hand around his neck while the other was raised in the air, ready to strike.

"Who are you!? And why are you spying on me!?" The Nadder hybrid looked down at the creature under her. He looked familiar to her. She took a closer look before she actually realized who this was. "Hhhiccup?"

The Nadder hybrid quickly got off Hiccup as she stared at him in astonishment.

Hiccup squinted his eyes as he tried to understand how the hybrid knew his name. "Yes, do I know you?"

"It's mean Hiccup" The Nadder hybrid straighten up before putting her hand on her hips and gave him a seductive smirk. "It's me, Astrid"

Right away when she said and did that, flashes of a little girl with two braids in her hair came flashing to his mind. "Astrid!"

Hiccup could not believe who he was seeing right before him. Astrid was a spunky, warrior of a girl who always dreamed of joining the flock on a hunt. She wanted to be just like her uncle, Fearless Finn Hofferson. She, also, was the one kid in the village who was nice to him and didn't pick on him as much as the other kids did. By the Gods, did she grow up good.

On the other hand, Astrid was thinking the exact same thing. Hiccup wasn't that string bean of a kid she had known when she was little. He was tall and had a little muscle to him. His face was a little longer and it suited him. His heavily freckled face was now subtle. He filled into his dragon wings and tail nicely. All together, Hiccup was hot.