Chapter 7

After their Viking friends left, Toothless decided to also head back to the village. It had been a log day with meeting other hybrids and his Viking friends getting along with them so well. He wondered if life had been different would they be such good friends.

As Toothless turned a rock, he thought he saw yellow ball of lights coming through some of the fog. "What the....."

Toothless didn't get the chance to finish when he was pounced on. He looked up to meet his attacker to only see that it was Shock Shooter. The purple spiky headed man was in shambles and looked to be covered in dirt. "Shock Shooter?"

When Shock Shooter realized who he was on top off, did he get up and give Toothless a hug. "Toothless my friend. We are so joy-es to see you"

"We were never friends" Toothless tried to get out of the bear hug he was being given by Shock Shooter, when he realized what the man had said. "We?"

"Yes" Shock Shooter put down Toothless as he gestured behind him. "Me and some of the armada."

Toothless looked behind Shock Shooter to see that yellow balls of light were torches being held by different armed Vikings. He was shocked to see all of them here and began to question what was going on.

"Oh come now, don't tell me you're not here to kill the Night Fury that lives in these mountains." Shock Shooter played along with Tooothless's acting. Why else would his rival be up here in the middle of the night.

"But were not allowed to be up here without our chief and the council's..."

"Permission" Shock Shooter blew at the thought, "That's why the Dark Alpha told a few of us to go up to the upper island and hunt the beast down"

Toothless looked at Shock Shooter in surprise.

When Shock Shooter saw that look on his rival's face did he question, "Why so shocked. We both knew that Dark Alpha is going to lead us to glory"

"He's not the chief, Shock Shooter" Toothless glared angrily at the spiky head Viking. "Ice Spitter is."

"You and I know that won't be for long" Shock Shooter said smugly.

"That's treason" Toothless growled.

The two Vikings glared at each other for what seemed like hours. Shock Shooter just smirked and backed off. He smiled smugly at Toothless before he shouted at his men to head back. Toothless scowled as they left.

Once he saw the glow of the torched dye down did he turn and head back up the mountain. He had to tell the others quick.

While the black haired Viking ran off, behind one of the trees stood Shock Shooter and a couple of men.

"What are we doing here sir? I thought we were heading back?"

"Toothless is hiding something." Shock Shooter watched Toothless. "And I'm going to find out what he and his little girlfriend are doing here, once and for all."

XXXXXXXXXXX

"So you're telling me that, Dark Alpha is putting a band of Vikings together to hunt Hiccup and Valka in the woods?" Hookfang tried to get this straight.

Everyone, but Valka and Cloudjumper, was also trying to process this new information. It was a good thing too that Toothless had ran into Stormfly and Meatlug on the way back to caverns. Apparently they had heard everything as well and Meatlug rushed back to get Hookfang and the twins, while Toothless and Stormfly were able to meet up with Hiccup and the rest of the young hybrids, who hadn't not left yet.