Chapter 9

Toothless and the rest of the Vikings got off the dragons and made their way into the village. They had to try and stop this, before anyone got killed. But sad to say, the boats had already left and no one was in the village. They were too late.

They all met up by the blacksmith's shop to tell each other their report.

"Did you see anyone? Windsheer? Thornado? SkullCrusher? Did you even see where Shock Shooter went?" Toothless wanted to beg the group in hoping they at least saw someone.

Everyone shook their head no to Toothless.

"Everyone left, yawn"

The group looked over at the Blacksmith shop's window. Inside was none other than their sleepy blacksmith, Grump.

"Grump! What are you doing here?" Toothless was so happy to see the blacksmith.

"Keeping an eye out for the left over Vikings. You know. Old folk. Children. Those people who can't fight" Grump yawned again before he saw something he did not plan to see. Rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't dreaming, he asked, "Toothless, you might want to slap me. I think I see dragons behind ye"

Toothless looked behind him. He forgot all about how he had brought Hiccup and the rest of the hybrids to the village. "You're not dreaming Grump."

"Oh" Grump blinked sleepily a couple of times. "Should I be worried?"

"Not really" Hookfang said nonchalantly, which caused Snotlout to huff angrily at him. "What?"

"Grump. You need to tell us." Stormfly went in front of Grump's face to get his attention. "Where did everyone go?"

"To Berk"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ships landed on Berks rocky side. Everyone man and woman Viking was setting up barriers and catapult to ready for an attack. Dark Alpha was leading the group from the rocky shore. He put a diagram out onto the sandy rocks. It showed them attacking the mountain side and driving the dragons towards them.

"After this, all hel is going to break loose" Dark Alpha looked up at the mountain. He smiled in glee as it was his time to shine.

"But isn't that risky?" Thornado wasn't sure if it was a good idea to attack a whole army at one time.

Dark Alpha grabbed Thornado's shirt and held him up to his face. "I'm the one giving order. You do so well as to follow them"

Thornado was thrown to the ground. Skullcrusher helped him up as they both glared at their so called leader.

Shock Shooter ran after his leader in fear and concern. "Shouldn't you have phrased that a little better."

Dark Alpha stopped and turned his head to growl at the young Viking. This caused Shock Shooter to shrink away in fear.

Shocker Shooter began to have second thoughts. Maybe this wasn't a really good idea.

The men turned their catapults to the mountain. When Dark Alpha shouted at his men to 'fire', each boulder hit the mountain with great force. It caused the giant rock to crack and crumble. Each hit caused more and more dents. By the end of the last boulder, did a flock of dragons appear.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The group was hurrying as fast as they could to the battlefield. It was worse than they could have imagined when they came upon it. Dragon and Viking were fighting claw, fire, ax, and sword at each other. Neither side looked to be winning. It looked more like an endless blood bath.