Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I prayed for another snow day.  I didn't want to go to school and face everything.  More importantly, I didn't want to go to school with Ramper.  Fucking Ramper... ugh.  I would have rather had Francis come along with me like before.  That would have actually been fun, if Francis went to school with me like before.  Of course, that was to stick with me through the kids trying to start trouble.  Not a gang that is hunting my ass down.  I can only imagine how it would go with that idiot cop all day.

Of course though, there was school.  God could only save my ass for so long... if he's even bothering.  In all honesty, I suppose I ought to be lucky.  Clare had to work the day of the snow day because the school she works at is in the city more, where roads are actually plowed.  A completely different district and area than where I go to school.  It was her own fault she lived out more in the country so she still had to fight her way through the snow to get to work.  I had wished upon a bright little star that she would have crashed but she didn't; the bitch came home that night after work.

That was yesterday.  Today, my school was open.  Meaning, one long day of pure hell.  It already started on a shitty note like I mentioned before: Ramper.  However, I also came to find out though that he will be taking me to school from now on.  I figured Luke or Francis would continue dropping me off and picking me up every day but apparently, that was going to be Ramper's job from now on too.  I found that out the after I woke up from my blaring alarm and found Luke wasn't laying next to me.

As it turned out, Luke was downstairs.  I got up from bed, ambushed by the chilly air, and went down to find him in the kitchen.  Talking to Ramper, who just got here apparently.  A little early might I add since I just got up.  But walking into the kitchen, and seeing him sitting there, talking to Luke... I just wanted to turn around and head back up to bed.  My hair was a mess, I was tried, I didn't get ready yet... all the signs why I should go back to bed, right?  And avoid this ass wipe who glanced over to me at my entrance.

My eyes had no time for Luke, as crazy as that sounds.  Me and blonde boy were locked in an instant stare off.  Two souls, bound to be enemies... only one of us should survive.  I narrowed my eyes on him and I could tell I looked disgusted; because I was.  I've said it before: it's crazy how much I don't like this guy after running into him only a handful of times.  Today would be interesting.  That's all I knew for the moment. 

***

"Well you know what, you can go fuck yourself right in the ass," I hissed at him under my breath, leaning over towards where he was sitting next to me at my desk.  It's not like I could scream it; Mr. Cox was giving his spiel up at the front of the classroom.  Glancing between him and Ramper, I narrowed my eyes at him as he glared down in mine beside me.  "And I'll make sure you hate it!"

"Why the hell would I like it to begin with?" 

"You turn yourself on." I whispered, straining my voice and lips over to where he was sitting, his arms crossed and leaning back into the chair.  However, upon hearing that one, he sat forward more and rested his arms on my desk we were sharing since the ones around me were taken.  It was a funny sight really.  Nice organized rows of students... then Ramper pulled up in a chair next to mine in the back.  In reality, he should really be standing in the back of the room, like a normal cop would have done.  Keeping his eyes and mind involved with security.  But nope, it was as if he was among the students.  Speaking intellectually, I think he was there, if not lower.

Facing me more, he spoke in a lighter voice than before, his brows dipping lower and the grooves of lines over his face, marking his age more noticeable. 

"Yeah?  Crazy bitch?  You better start respecting me!"  He pointed an finger down to me in authority.  "Otherwise I wont stop these boys here from doing the same thing to you," he said with a smug voice.  As if that was even a good comeback.