Ten

"What the hell were you thinking?" I roll my eyes as my brother starts pacing the room

"What the hell were you thinking?" I roll my eyes as my brother starts pacing the room. "I mean, bloody hell, Mark. You booked the whole restaurant! I don't know who are you trying to impress but we can't afford this kind of stunts!" He runs a hand through his hair.

He's got a few gray hairs now and I've been teasing him about them for a while. "I've been working really hard to lower our budget, without trying to disturb our lifestyle, and you do this. And now, of course, the whole press is talking about it!"

I purse my lips. I hate the fact that the press in on my toes. I want to keep things quiet with Kate, but it seems like that's gonna be another challenge. Tired of seeing my brother pulling his hair out, I breathe out. "I'm sorry, okay? It's not like I took her to Paris for the weekend or something!" That shuts him up.

He takes a seat. He looks tense as he gazes out the window. "Times have changed."

I smirk. "Careful Scott, you're sounding like our father."

He glances at me with a serious face. "Well, someone has to be the grown up, Mark."

"I said I'm sorry." Geesh. It's not like I'm such a bad person.

His eyes narrow for a second before he starts blinking. "Who are you trying to impress? I'm surprised at the fact that you're not flaunting her around."

I cross my arms. "I don't flaunt girls. You're making me sound like a man-whore." Scott raises an eyebrow. "I'm not," my lips quirk up, "that cynical."

My brother shakes his head, but a small grin plays on his face. "You must really like this girl, then."

Uncrossing my arms, I shrug. "Sort of."

Scott stares at me for a moment before his eyes widen. "Holy shit! It's Kate, isn't it?"

My shoulders slump. "And she's not impressed!" Scott cracks up. "It's not even funny." I show him the finger and he laughs harder, bumping a fist against his desk. I rub my brow, feeling a headache coming soon.

When he calms down, he chuckles lightly. "She wasn't impressed at all? I mean, not even a little?"

I shake my head. "She friend-zoned me."

He bursts laughing once more. I clench my jaw until he finishes. "I'm not sorry, Mark." I roll my eyes. "She's gonna make you pay for every little thing you've done."

I know.

Bloody hell. Why do I want to go out with her in the first place?

"Fuck you." I glare at him as he tries not to laugh anymore.

He's still coughing as he adds, "sucks to be you, man."

Tell me about it.