Sixteen

Chapter's song: Touch by Little Mix

I can't believe I jumped into this.

That's my constant thought as the hours pass and I'm stuck in a plane for hours, unable to sleep because I'm too excited to see Mark again. And in freaking Australia. I don't even know how I agreed. I don't even have clothes for more than one day. When I went to my apartment to get my passport, I had barely time to grab the first pair of fresh clothes I could get my hands on.

Shaking my head, I take a deep breath. I really can't believe I jumped into this.

Not even the fact that I called Emily on my way to the airport makes anything more believable. Especially after the bomb she dropped. I was telling her that I wasn't sure what the hell was I doing, that I was worried about work, and she told me that I could tip Tom about a royal exclusive. Turns out that she's pregnant again. They hadn't told anyone because she was scared that something could happen and that she could lose the baby, like it happened many times before. I was really happy for her, and I also understood where all the moodiness came from, but I couldn't do that to her. I couldn't give away something so precious, especially not to the press. Emily and Scott were always very careful with their private life leaking out, and that really hard to achieve, since everyone loved them and always wanted to know more about them.

If I got fired for asking for a few days off in the spur of the moment, so be it. I knew my boss didn't give a crap, and I hated the advice column. It was time to step up the game. Or start a new one, depending on the answer that will probably be waiting for me when the plane lands.

To be fair, my last concern is my job. I'm more concerned about meeting with Mark. It's clear I feel something for him, and the fact that he went out of his way to invite me to Australia kind of gives me hope that he might like me too.

One thing was for sure, there was no way that I'm going to do any more extreme sports with him. My heart is over the edge already.

 My heart is over the edge already